Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2004, 03:46 AM

Default Re: Whadya do when...

I wasn't implying that you are spamming, just finding it amusing that you have a moral dilemma about something where you are breaking the rules anyway.

Must be my British humour I guess.

Lori
Old 10-03-2004, 10:46 AM

You are SO self-righteous, as though you would NEVER break any rules . . .how are you doing on paying back that student loan you defaulted on (and which I wouldn't know about except that you posted here how clever you were)?? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2004, 01:01 PM

With the amount of money you're helping him earn via poker winnings, YOU should be getting 100% of the rake IMO

there is merit to this.

however, and unfortunately, because of the entitlement mentality that has overcome the party skins, the friend should probably get something back or he will abandon the affiliate friend and go shop for another. in a way, both are protecting each other by dealing with close friends only. if the player changes to another affiliate, the player may soon get stiffed, and then there is no recourse. there have been a TON of stories lately about people not getting paid by their affiliates, so if kickbacks must exist, they should probably ONLY exist between close friends.

i don't think who plays 3-6 and who plays 15-30 should have any bearing at all tho. that is not relevant to the general question.

however, to all of you guys that are incredulous that a friend would give a friend anything less than 100%, i call BS.

only family should get 100%. the rest of the friends (with certain exceptions) have to understand that there is risk and time issues.

time issues ---> as i said, family is one thing, but friends should INSIST that their affiliate buddy keep some because the time it takes to administer this is money.

risk issues ---> every US based affiliate is basically breaking the law because we are promoting gambling. if we were ever to get audited by the IRS, 100% of the money you kicked back to your friend is taxable for YOU. while an audit is unlikely to uncover the income and the kickbacks, it is just another lie that HAS to be told to the irs. who is going to report this income if they gave it all away? nobody. however, the papertrail says the affiliate got it all, not the friend.

further risk is having account activity picked up by the P-Act. the rakeback to your friend could be construed as laundering or illegal transfer of assets.

i'm a pretty generous person as many know. this has nothing to do with greed. business is business, and rakebacks are not without very real risks on top of the time required. if you are approached by a great friend, and you have made the decison to allow for a rare exception and kickback to him, i think the revenue should be shared.

if you are in the business of giving rakebacks to strangers as part of your primary marketing plan, then it is pretty nervy to judge people by giving them hell for NOT kicking back 100%.

jmho