Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2004, 12:44 AM

Default Important: Free internet backup

Last night I was playing in the Empire $162 buyin tourney. I was doing pretty well until about 30 minutes into the tourney I lost my Charter Cable connection. Fortunately, I was able to log back in and lose my money the old fashioned way. I was about to start cursing when I thought I was going to be blinded away in a $13,500 first prize tourney.

Tonight I looked for an affordable dialup backup connection. Juno has free internet that you may utilize up to 10 hours per month. It took me less than 10 minutes to set up, download and install this free internet connection. I would urge everyone to set up at least a free Juno account. It would suck, no matter what the stakes are, to make a final table and be blinded off due to a faulty internet connection.

You need to plan ahead now as it is too late when you really need this alternative and don't have internet access. Please go to www.juno.com to set up and download this free ISP now. Tell them Catfish4U sent you and we will both get an additional month of free internet. (what a deal). This is like free insurance and could make you additional hundreds or even thousands of dollars.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4U
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2004, 11:12 AM

Default *SPAM*

You and your dialup affiliate pimps make me sick
Old 03-30-2004, 09:17 PM

Default Re: *SPAM*

lol - I knew I would eventually get a spam response message for this. What took everyone so long? I figure if everyone lets me refer them I will get - lets see......... I will get my basic dialup for free, otherwise it costs nothing............. hmmm If I get everyone on the forum to sign up I will make zero dollars and zero cents. (what a deal).
Old 03-31-2004, 03:39 PM

Default My kind of affiliate deal

If I mention your name, will you kick back 40%?
Old 10-03-2004, 01:35 AM

Default Re: Important: Free internet backup

Tonight my cable internet went down. I am stuck with a slow Juno dialup. Thankfully, I do have a dialup connection. I called Charter and they said nobody else in my area have reported problems. They will send someone out some time tomorrow.

I was playing two tables of $10/$20 but was kicked off by the time my phone call with Charter customer support was over and I dialed into Juno. I missed several 'free hands' as I had paid blinds on both tables.

I would urge everyone to download and sign up for free Juno internet. If you wait until you need it you are too late. You will have no way to download the needed software and create an account. This is very important for those playing in higher limit tournies where the difference between first and second can be several thousand dollars.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4U
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2004, 06:19 AM

Unfortunately I use VoIP phone service, so if my cable's out so is my phone. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2004, 09:36 AM

Sounds like a good idea--thanks for sharing!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]