Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2004, 11:50 AM

Default Hollywood Park 4/8 vs. 6/12

Off to play at HP tomorrow and was wondering if there's much difference between these two games (6/12's still considered Small Stakes, correct?)??

I played there a couple of weeks ago and did very well at 3/6 (22 BB in 3 hours of play). I know that's a totally insignificant # of hands but I feel very confident in my play as I've become pretty successful at Party Poker micro-limits (3.22 BB/100 over my last 6,000 hands).

Bankroll's not an issue as I'm only playing for a few hours and my true poker bankroll is for on-line playing.

Thanks for your input! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2004, 05:05 PM

Default ** SHAMELESS BUMP **

Anyone??
Old 10-01-2004, 10:55 PM

Default Re: Hollywood Park 4/8 vs. 6/12

As far as quality of play goes, you might see slightly better players at 6-12, though still not very good. Except for the occasional player who's waiting for a bigger game. I've only played their 4-8 once (while waiting for a bigger game), and my recollection is that the rake is identical to the 6-12. (Meaning that it's higher proportional to the stakes.) There are usually more 6-12 games going as well, so you'll have more opportunity to get a table change if you're in a mediocre game. If you're a regular small-stakes player, just pay attention to your opponents and play the 6-12.
Old 10-02-2004, 12:07 AM

Default Re: Hollywood Park 4/8 vs. 6/12

El Dukie covered it pretty well. The range of player skill in the 6-12 is very wide. The 6-12 is the highest level on the small stakes side. The lowest on the high stakes side is 15-30.

I play the 6-12 there on occasion and I like it when someone waiting for the higher stakes game is at my table. They almost always play way, way loose because "it's only 6-12."

Good luck.