Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2004, 06:57 PM

Default Re: Cris offers the wager to Paul

[ QUOTE ]
whoah, holy crap, one sentence and a [censored] storm falls down on me!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, stay in OT. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2004, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This has got to be the stupidest, most pointless thread I've read in some time.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you haven't read the Liz and Sam thread? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the stupidest and most pointless until I read this one.
Old 10-01-2004, 07:01 PM

haha, no!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I would reply in the other ones, but I suck at poker and I am not really sure if I care all that much [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

But threads like this one make me happy I don't venture out much from the OT forums

BTW, you guys do realize we talk about more interesting things than politics in the OTT forum now, right?
Old 10-01-2004, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This has got to be the stupidest, most pointless thread I've read in some time.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you haven't read the Liz and Sam thread? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the stupidest and most pointless until I read this one.

[/ QUOTE ]
I will second that nomination. I was glad I had a hand in ending that nonsense to. Its amazing how quickly people realize just how gay they are being when you tell them such.
Old 10-01-2004, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't even apply to any of this converstation, but it is Friday and I like movies...

Trent : You know what you are? You're like a big bear with claws and with fangs...
Sue : ...big [censored] teeth, man.
Trent : Yeah... big [censored]' teeth on ya'. And she's just like this little bunny, who's just kinda cowering in the corner.
Sue : Shivering.
Trent : Yeah, man just kinda... you know, you got these claws and you're staring at these claws and your thinking to yourself, and with these claws you're thinking, "How am I supposed to kill this bunny, how am I supposed to kill this bunny?"
Sue : And you're poking at it, you're poking at it...
Trent : Yeah, you're not hurting it. You're just kinda gently batting the bunny around, you know what I mean? And the bunny's scared Mike, the bunny's scared of you, shivering.
Sue : And you got these [censored] claws and these fangs...
Trent : And you got these [censored] claws and these fangs, man! And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs. And you're thinking to yourself, you don't know what to do, man. "I don't know how to kill the bunny." With *this* you don't know how to kill the bunny, do you know what I mean?
Sue : You're like a big bear, man.
Mike : So you're not just like [censored] with me?
Trent : No I'm not [censored] with you.
Sue : Honestly, man.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is still my favorite movie about Vegas, and it's not even about Vegas.

Justin A
Old 10-01-2004, 07:13 PM

this is complete madness. everybody's ev is going down today.
Old 10-01-2004, 07:45 PM

"once you get in you are going from floor 10 to floor 1 , and it stops on floor 8, and a lone male is getting on to ride it down. Do you then get off, and wait"

After all the laughs of reading this whole thread for the last thirty minutes, I'd really like one more by seeing a response from Cris on this point.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:45 PM

I'm trying to think through this thread as to who wouldn't challenge Paul to any game of his choosing for $110 vs. $330? While I am a recreational Scrabble player, at best, and far worse off than a 3:1 dog against him, I certainly know that this story would be worth far more to me than $110 would be.

I can only imagine the women I would pick up, adding to my repertoire of "I lost my number, can I have yours" and "let's rearrange the alphabet and put you and I together" with "hey, you know that guy Paul Phillips on TV -- I played him for $110 in Scrabble."

Hell, I could write an article for any poker-related magazine and get paid more than that at their various per-word rates.

In other news, I never thought a topic would get so much life that didn't involve Shana Hiatt.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com
Old 10-01-2004, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i will be pretty [censored] disappointed if paul gets sick of this site because of a bunch of tools responding like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

The same can be said of various other poker professionals that make this site even more interesting to read. Far be it that I think people need to be A$$-kissers to these guys, but just ragging on them to seem cool to other 'net trolls is absolutely stupid. Personally, I can't see why most of them bother -- even Fossilman, who had a long history of being a tremendous asset to this site and, to my knowledge, never has been anything but an online gentleman, yet, when he goes and wins millions of dollars, all of a sudden, out comes the name-callers and ne'er-do-wells.

Sickening.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com
Old 10-01-2004, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
El Diablo,

So what you're saying is, women should take the 199-to-1 shot (or whatever number you choose) of being raped, rather than wait for another elevator?

Cris

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not just women -- while I'm not a small fella and I'm sure I can defend myself against most random women (at least for the duration of an elevator ride), men, too, are "at risk" of being raped by any given woman in any given elevator. While the odds are small (1 in a million?) the odds ARE there.

The odds are there for anything.

I shouldn't get in my car (the brake lines could be cut).

I shouldn't eat that food (could be poisoned).

I shouldn't stay in with these pocket Aces (some maniac might catch a runner-runner-gutshot straight on me .... oh, wait, that DID happen last night at Foxwoods, moving along).

I shouldn't turn on my computer (it might explode).

I shouldn't read your posts (oh, wait, I really shouldn't ... but it's like a traffic accident that keeps happening, I know you're not going to get out of it, you know you're not going to get out of it, so I keep watching you crash and burn).

Etc.

Etc.

Etc.

Regardless, I can't believe, to prove whatever lunacy you are trying (failing) to prove, that you invoke an image of a specific someone (not even some Mythical Bad Man) raping your daughter (not even some Random Victimized Woman).

Truly sickening.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com