Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2004, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Who loves themselves the most?

[ QUOTE ]
Remember I am not defining ego to be the difference between their opinion of themselves and the truth (By that standard, I would obviously come in last, leaving the epic battle between Russ and Phil.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this comment alone might push you to the top of the list David.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(By that standard, I would obviously come in last, leaving the epic battle between Russ and Phil.)

[/ QUOTE ]

That line caused me to laugh more than anything I've read on the internet in a long time. Not that the statement is absurd or anything (it's very likely true, IMO)... It just utterly typifies everything that IS David Sklansky.

Thanks, you brightened by day [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2004, 12:59 PM

As soon as I saw the title of this thread, I expected the 'Shana Hiatt playboy photos' thread to be resurrected to accompany it [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2004, 02:08 PM

My favorite Line in any 2+2 book I have read is in Tournament Poker for Advanced Players; by Sklansky.

At one point he is talking about possible hand combinations or something to that affect and then there is this line.

"If you don't know how I got that, then stop reading this book now. You are not ready for it and you deserve to lose your money."

So as far as humor value goes I think Sklansky wins this contest.
Old 10-01-2004, 02:39 PM

BeerMoney is a genius...I was just wondering the same thing. Paul seems pretty high on the "people I don't want to meet" list. Those that are born with that rare of intelligence could have easily been born with some sort of, dare I say it, retardation. Be thankful and put it to good use instead of flashing 15 letter words to degrade others on a poker forum. Lose the smug and be a cool millionaire.
Old 10-01-2004, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Remember I am not defining ego to be the difference between their opinion of themselves and the truth (By that standard, I would obviously come in last, leaving the epic battle between Russ and Phil.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Greatest thing I've read on these boards yet. I believe this may be the moment I officially became a Sklansky-ite.

Also, I find it interesting that Lederer was included in your list. Beings that I'm just a midwestern college boy, I don't know anything about Lederer other than what I've seen on televised poker. Comments on Lederer's ego would be interesting to hear. Of course, it'd be great if someone could get him to post here as well... if only one of our posters knew him well enough to talk him into it...
Old 10-01-2004, 04:11 PM

Default Re: obviously whiskeytown...(duh)

[ QUOTE ]
without a doubt...I love myself the most out of anyone on the forum or in the poker world today.

probably 9 or 10 times a day at least if I'm bored.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

If I was in Vietnam, I could get a section 8

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

good posting
Old 10-01-2004, 04:53 PM

What's the problem with being full of yourself. Both Paul and David have earned it. Paul is a genius, and sure he's a dick, but hey it comes with the territory.
As for David, he doesn't seem to full of himself, although I'm sure he is and, for that matter, should be. If your one of the best poker authors ever, wouldn't you be cocky.

Cody