Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2004, 12:21 AM

Default Am I really going to let this go?

This sucked...but, nothing you can do about it. As soon as he bet the turn, I was pretty sure I was beat...I needed to make sure though...

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (17.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, CO folds.

Final Pot: 19.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 19.75 BB, between UTG and Hero.</font>
Old 10-01-2004, 12:39 AM

Default Re: Am I really going to let this go?

Played well.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:41 AM

You don't think the reraise on the third spade was too aggressive? I mean, I do end up losing 2 extra big bets because of it...
Old 10-01-2004, 12:51 AM

No, your opponent will bet out here with more than just a made flush. Raising makes it expensive to anyone holding the lone A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. If he has the flush, you have plenty of outs to fill.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:58 AM

You play g00t. Nice hand.

Rob
Old 10-01-2004, 01:56 AM

I still think this is well-played, although my BB/100 may not back up the wisdom of my words...so I'm open to criticism...

The major determinant here is the fact that you have the third player in there. What the CO is calling with is likely MUCH worse than your hand. Your pot equity is still quite high against UTG's made flush, given you have TEN outs on the river. Not capping the turn was good because I'm not sure the CO would have called two more bets cold. If you were heads up, I don't know what the right play on the turn is...
Old 10-01-2004, 02:20 AM

well played. you have 11 out after the turn u hit quads or a fh and u got a nice win.
Old 10-01-2004, 02:54 AM

I dont like the turn.

The only hands I can put him on without a read is a flush or a straight (or the unlikely higher set). I would just call the turn. You need to fill up to win the hand at this point, and you want people to come along for the ride. You will beat the hands they are drawing to if you fill up anyway.

By just calling in this situation you will
1) Keep the pot at atleast the same size as raising.
2) Reduce the amount of money in the pot comming from your stack and thus make it more profitable.
3) Increase your implied odds by having more people in the pot

Since im drawing to a full house and am pretty sure I need it to win the hand, I dont mind people comming along. In fact, I encurage it.

k
Old 10-01-2004, 04:44 AM

I think some of us are putting this guy on a flush WAY too early. I mean, I realize he had one, but that's beside the point. Raising the turn has to be the right play here, unless you're up against an opponent who never bets unless he's got the nuts. (Unlikely.)

Just my two. Carry on.

Edit - The title of this thread also scares me.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:00 AM

I agree with the flush, but in my opinion its the sum of everything that makes me fairly certain hero is beaten.

With the flop comming like it does and UTG betting into him on the turn, this is how I look at it:
(Again, this is without reads, if he plays trash from UTG then this is all out the window ofcourse)

When a card that completes both a straight and a flush draw comes on the turn, he bets into me. He is sitting UTG and there is no reasonable two pair combination he could be playing from that position. So, he either has a slowplayed set or just filled up with something that beats my hand.

The thing is that if I was playing the hand I would probably raise the turn aswell. But when I read it and think a little I do belive the better move here is to just call. I dont see many hands he could play like that and still be behind with, not on that board. And, if hero really is behind then calling is the better play.

Ofcourse there is no way anyone should let this hand go on the turn, and if the river doesnt pair the board you still have to call unless something wierd happens.

k