Flop: .96
Turn: 1.11
River: 1.56
Total: .72

Folded to river bet: 56.97%
Won $ at showdown: 58.99%

I'm not very aggressive am I? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all! (FYI, don't include your preflop aggression when calculating the total aggression number).

[ QUOTE ]
I also tend to cold call with good hands rather than reraise preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Re-raise! Cold calling should be very infrequent.

[ QUOTE ]
I tend to just call the flop with a good hand with the intention of raising the turn. The exception to this is if I'm in LP and I'm trying to get a free card or if I have a good draw (4 flush or OESD).

[/ QUOTE ]

Or if you likely have the best hand. Bet/raise!

[ QUOTE ]
I think my big problem is that I stay in pots too long, especially if there's been a raise or two preflop. I justify this by telling myself that I've already put in two or three SB, what's one more to see the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if the pot+implied odds tell you to!

[ QUOTE ]
I think I might value backdoor draws too much when considering a call on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

About 1.5 outs.

[ QUOTE ]
Here's my plan from here on out: I'm going to further restrict my starting hands, especially if there's been a raise before me. I'm going to start raising and reraising more preflop. Should I raise the flop more often with good hands, or should I wait until the turn for the raise? I'm also going to try to realize when I need to lay down my good, but not great hands.

Thanks again for your input!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet on the flop, bet on the turn, bet on the river! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2004, 11:04 AM

Default Re: Stats for 10k .5/1 Hands - Please Comment

I think your VPIP/PFR are high/low.

For reference, my VPIP/PFR at 1/2 is around 14/8.5. Of course, I think my VPIP might be unnecessarily low, but 17-19 is what you want to shoot for, I think.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:05 AM

Yeah, you need to be a lot more aggressive.

Also, I'm not quite sure on what the average number is, but I think your Folded To A River Bet % is high.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, you need to be a lot more aggressive.

Also, I'm not quite sure on what the average number is, but I think your Folded To A River Bet % is high.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm working on being more aggresive. So far so good! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I mainly fold to a river bet when I raised on the flop for the free look at the river. I see no point in calling down if I don't have a pair or even Ace high.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
folded to river bet

[/ QUOTE ]

I find this stat very hard to use since if you look at the number of times it comes up it makes it change a ton over a large amount of hands since it doesn't seem to come up a ton.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
results are too good to last

[/ QUOTE ]

At this level? You can obtain over 5 BB/100 long term.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
folded to river bet

[/ QUOTE ]

I find this stat very hard to use since if you look at the number of times it comes up it makes it change a ton over a large amount of hands since it doesn't seem to come up a ton.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, but i think its semi-useful in conjuction with won at showdown. if someone wins over 60% of showdowns and has a high fold at river, they might not pay that 'one more bet' often enough. it is one of those stats that is only useful if its very far off.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:47 PM

Guys, Rain is right, folded to river bet is an essentially worthless stat.

look at "when folds" street by street if you want to see tightness, then compare and contrast with won $ at showdown to see how that tightness is playing out. If your won $ @ showdown is higher than 55% in these loose games you are either running well or folding too much.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think my big problem is that I stay in pots too long, especially if there's been a raise or two preflop. I justify this by telling myself that I've already put in two or three SB, what's one more to see the turn? I think I might value backdoor draws too much when considering a call on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are both specific numbers. Pot odds/Implied Odds will tell you how far to go with a hand. Figure out how much has to be in a pot if you have x number of discounted outs. At higher levels this needs to be calculated and not based on a feeling. This is an absolute must at the highest levels, so start learning it at the lower levels.

Also, the amount you specifically have put into a pot is completely irrelevant.

A back door flush is worth 1.5 outs. That is the exact number it should be valued at.

Good luck moving up.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:47 PM

If I may interject... your stats suggest that you don't yet have a good grasp on the theory behind the decisions you are making. Don't worry about it. Everyone starts there. But it's not enough to just 'be more aggressive' or 'raise more pf' if you don't know why you should be doing these things.

Stat anyalysis is fun, but people too often look for specifics they can fix. Am I too loose? That depends. Why are you playing the hands you're playing? How good are you post flop? What is your competition like? Are you running hot or cold? Are we talking 10,000 hands or 100,000?

The point is that stats can only suggest general patterns of play, and the pattern you generate through your individual game decisions (while too complicated to break down into specific 'problems' due our inability to look at anything in particular out of the context of your game as a whole) can suggest certain underlying assumptions.

Everything you've posted points to the fact that you should be:

a) reading a good book or two
b) posting lots of hands, even some of the ones you think you are playing correctly
c) commenting on hands played by other people -- the debate that ensues will help you examine the decisions you are making.

Closing a few gaps in your thought process will make a world of difference. The numbers will reflect this change as you progress. Don't focus on trying to generate 'optimal' numbers. Focus on making good decisions. You'll probably be surprised how much your game changes after few tens of thousands of hands have rolled by.

Good luck.