Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2004, 08:15 PM

Default Empire explosion reaches critical mass (memo to management)

Now, putting all questions of who is right and who is wrong aside...

It seems clear that Empire has a PR disaster on its hands. Just look at the comment generated by the mere mention of the name "Dutch Boyd", who "cost" far fewer players far less money (with a couple of big exceptions) than Empire (if Empire is indeed guilty).

In addition, having thrown an interception in the end zone that was run back for a touchdown, they fumble the insuing kickoff by emasculating the makeup 10% bonus.

Now, whether they are crazy, evil, innocent or whatever, they do need to do some serious hand-holding and patching-up...it is simply too easy for players to switch to a nearly identical product for them not to.

So...what does the zoo suggest? I think something on the order of a $250 bonus with 3-5000 hands playoff, or something similar that would effectively turn current enemies into props, and give Empire some value for the money. It would also silence most who felt they worked toward the bonus in good faith (provided hands played were credited to the new bonus).

Jigger the numbers up or down, but I don't see any way out for them aside from something similar to the above proposal. Of course they may not give a fig but I can't see them surviving the dedicated hounding it seems they're likely to get from some here and at rgp. Again, they should look to the Dutch Boyd example...and shudder.

I'd love to hear other proposals, or even comment that Empire can simply walk away from the fiasco undamaged. Though I think that is extremely unlikely.

Insp.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:26 PM

Default Re: Empire explosion reaches critical mass (memo to management)

I heard Dutch Boyd was a 'consultant' for Empire Poker. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]