Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you have vouched for Worm?
Yes 13 52.00%
No 6 24.00%
Results 6 24.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-2004, 05:49 PM

Default Re: i doubt it...

i dont think they were offering this bonus to the pond of fish, but more likely 1 or 2 fish, these players playing make players like davidross(sorry to keep bringing up the name) a very small amount. i doubt the bonus was intended for more than 50 people, therefore would have little to no influence on the fish pool.

rj
Old 09-29-2004, 06:00 PM

Default Re: Who was this $500 Empire bonus designed for?

re: depositing over $500. I did this and after getting the $500 bonus withdrawn got 10% of my deposit without any wagering requirement. i.e. more than $50

I withdrew my funds earlier today and it is now in my Neteller account.
Old 09-29-2004, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They've pulled so many other stunts this week and got away with it that maybe they thought it would be fine.

I seem to have been the only one to complain to empire/party about them hosting HH's on my pc, why would they think this would be any different.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

I still disagree with your first statement here. We can agree to disagree.

I agree with you 100% on your second, they shouldn't be putting anything on your computer without your permission - I don't like that.

As a matter of disclosure, I don't actually play at Party or Empire unless I'm clearing a bonus there. I know that puts me in the minority, but I just feel more comfortable at other sites.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is a plain and simple con, no amount of discussion will change that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it wouldn't take much of a discussion to change that...
Old 09-29-2004, 08:24 PM

lol, you switch back and forth between calling them complete morons in one statement, and then calling them evil twisted superintelligent people who intentionally leak codes in the next.

This is clearly and obviously a case of where a business issued a promotional code to a certain group for legitimate reasons, and had that code get out beyond where it was supposed to. Their computer system wouldn't know how to tell which was which, and it would be rediculous to expect it too.

Now everyone is greedily complaining about something they shouldn't have had anyway, and something Empire has no obligation to give them. Empire is also no different than any other poker site, or any other business in how they're handling this.

It just amazes me how little common sense most posters here have about this, or how to handle it.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, you switch back and forth between calling them complete morons in one statement, and then calling them evil twisted superintelligent people who intentionally leak codes in the next.

This is clearly and obviously a case of where a business issued a promotional code to a certain group for legitimate reasons, and had that code get out beyond where it was supposed to. Their computer system wouldn't know how to tell which was which, and it would be rediculous to expect it too.

Now everyone is greedily complaining about something they shouldn't have had anyway, and something Empire has no obligation to give them. Empire is also no different than any other poker site, or any other business in how they're handling this.

It just amazes me how little common sense most posters here have about this, or how to handle it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hear hear
Old 09-29-2004, 08:36 PM

I agree this was a mistake and not a con.What is hilarious is that half the board is pissed off that Empire awoke and saw their own mistake...you guys are a bunch of crybabies..this is ridculous..grow the ffuck up
Old 09-29-2004, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Their computer system wouldn't know how to tell which was which, and it would be rediculous to expect it too.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are really an ignorant fool.

Their computer system does have the ability to only award bonuses to eligible accounts.

Try and use the igm bonus code when making a deposit via neteller and you will notice the bonus wont get credited.

Notice all the other codes floating around on 2+2 that don't work unless you are "targeted" for the bonus.

The system does have the ability to deny and award bonuses based on an accounts eligibility.

Next time try not commenting on something you know NOTHING about.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:05 PM

I signed up with Empire almost a month ago. I received an e-mail from them about the $500 bonus encouraging me to go for it. Apparently one way or another, they did choose to send this e-mail to some people and not others. No CD's were involved, and I had already worked off my initial deposit bonus, so I wasn't a new customer. I do play 4 tables at once, and while I don't think I've played 2,500 hands a day before, I think in the short time I've played, they've seen that I'm potentially a volume customer.

It seems clear that the bonus was meant to go to people who were specifically e-mailed about it; whether Empire anticipated and desired all the others trying to get in on it is speculation.

Since they handled it by probably angering a lot of their customers who were e-mailed about it and then denied the bonus after making it, and then wound up paying $50 to a lot of people who either wouldn't come back to the Empire skin again or at least wouldn't play for a while out of anger, I can't see the theory that they wanted everyone to make deposits as holding much water. Missing out on both my 2500 potential hands and the $50 they just gave me for nothing, and incurring customer anger for doing it, is not a big win for their team.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:13 PM

I dunno, it sounds to me like it was designed as an in house bonus to be given out by Empire staff.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...part=1#1073781