Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2004, 05:10 PM

Default KK, Whaddaya say?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13.40 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (11.70 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (11.70 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 13.70 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 13.70 BB, between Hero and UTG.</font>
Old 09-29-2004, 05:14 PM

Default Re: KK, Whaddaya say?

I think I accidentally drop some chips into the pot on the turn.

Edit: Hmmmmmm, I just rethought it. What could villian cap PF and the flop with that doesn't beat us? AQ is the only possible answer I came up with. I might accidentally grab those chips back. Nah, I still bet &amp; call down from there.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:16 PM

BET THE FCKING TURN! SOB, he has AQ and you picked up the 2nd nut draw!

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 09-29-2004, 05:18 PM

Can't say I like that flop cap. Can't say I like it at all. I would probably go into call down mode after he 3-bet me, especially with the button cold calling so much (unless you have the read on the button as being the typical horrible player and then I might not care about his cold calling much).

The cap worked out very well for you since you folded the button but I think you should follow up the turn with a bet since if you had the best hand on the flop you still have the best hand on the turn and now you have a good draw as well.

The flop cap may not be as bad as I think but I will need to read an explanation. Obviously the river isn't necesary to comment on as it's the flop/turn play in conjunction that is interesting.

*** Edit again: Yup I'm a noob. I initially wanted to agree with your turn check and then I changed my mind and edited the post and now I change my mind back. I think that after you cap the flop that you should check the turn as you get a call on the river those times when you were always ahead and you also save bets those times when you are behind on the turn and would have to call a check raise.

After your flop play I want to average putting in no more than 2BB's total on the turn and river. I would prefer to average about 1.5 and I think checking the turn accomplishes that better than betting does.
*** end of edit.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:22 PM

Actually he had QQ and probably would've c'red my ass.

Don't you think he played it a little hard for AQ?
Old 09-29-2004, 05:30 PM

I am trying to understand your check on the Turn...what was your logic there...am I missing something?
Old 09-29-2004, 05:32 PM

I didn't want to be c/rd when I felt I would as I was likely behind, when I had 9 outs to the second nuts.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:38 PM

Default EDIT

Perhaps "likely behind" is too strong. Unsure is better. However, I did sense a c/r, and getting c/rd here is no fun.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:46 PM

Default Re: EDIT

I see, thanks for the follow up . . .

I guess one great thing about the way this hand worked out - when he does not come out with a bet on the river - you know you have him. Your check on the turn also causes him to call your River bet it looks like. Thank goodness - you don't want to cheat your Cowboys.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:52 PM

Default Re: EDIT

Unsure is better. However, I did sense a c/r, and getting c/rd here is no fun.

It's not fun but it's fine. If he does have a set, you've got 11 outs to improve. Bet the turn, weakling.

Mere mortals,
Joe Tall