Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2004, 04:23 PM

Default Re: Class Action - The World v. Empire

You sir are an idiot, I hope you and your children are horribly disfigured by a negligent action and can not seek compensation and justice for your injuries. You are a corporate apologist, go vote for BUSH.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:23 PM

Any battle against Empire has to be in the media. Go after their reputation and integrity.

You could file a suit for the publicity value maybe.

Just getting the word out in the poker press and the poker playing population would have more impact and likelihood of success.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:26 PM

I think what he has to say is interesting to read.

Apparently you don't, which is a matter of personal preference.

But why do you have to be snotty and nasty about it? Why not just overlook it and move on? Are you so miserable that you have to try to make yourself feel better by putting others down?

In my opinion, comments like yours are totally unnecessary, undesirable, and a real detriment to this (or any other) forum.

Have a nice day, AxxHxxx.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:27 PM

Online poker is not illegal in most states. US courts would not neccesarily have jurisdiction over Empire, but since they are marketing in the US, a court might accept jurisdiction in a case against Empire. The best solution is to close your account and hurt them in the pocketbook. There is absolutely no reason to play at Empire with so many other sites out there.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:28 PM

I will sir, I will. And you mention my children again I'll make bad things happen to yours.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wrong, If i offer you $100 to rake my lawn and you rake 50% of it and before you finish I say I don't want my lawn raked, I still owe you the money. We had an agreement we I agreed to pay you the money for you raking the lawn. Empire said deposit and play 2500 hands and we will give you $500. They then reneged on this after customers accepted by depositing and playing on thier site. They have breached a contract or if the agreement was only complete after the 2500 hands as you say. A case in equity can be made for the bonus on the hands that were played.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is almost what happened too. It is more like somebody just started raking your lawn and then you told them you didn't want it raked. YOU PEOPLE ARE SUCH TARDS. LET IT GO.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not just overlook it and move on?

[/ QUOTE ]

We're trying, but it won't go away. So we jest instead. What else are we supposed to do at work?

[ QUOTE ]
AxxHxxx.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that a 7 card stud hand, and the only information you're giving is you have an Ace and a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]? We would need more infomation if you want comments on that hand.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wrong, If i offer you $100 to rake my lawn and you rake 50% of it and before you finish I say I don't want my lawn raked, I still owe you the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the way this whole thing went down, your analogy is still way off.

What this really is like is your neighbor tells some new kid in the neighborhood that he'll pay $100 for him to mow his lawn. You happen to overhear this, and decide to mow the lawn yourself. Then the neighbor sees you (and hundreds of others) all mowing his lawn, and says "hey, that offer wasn't meant for you".

This is the whole problem with the lawsuit idea. Besides the fact of the T&C, all Empire really needs to say is that you weren't eligible for the bonus in the first place.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:33 PM

That is no where near a correct analogy. No one offered you anything. You went in and used a code you were not eligible for.

It would be like you going to someone's lawn and started raking, then demanding $100 because you heard Bob and Jim got that much for doing the same.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:33 PM

dont threaten me you fu ck