Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2004, 07:59 AM

Default Re: Good News for VIP Members

[ QUOTE ]
They are botching this thing worse and worse.
1 - Allowing a bonus for their customers that they weren't supposed to get.
2 - Pulling it back when they realized the mistake
3 - Initially offering no explanation
4 - Eventually Apologizing for the mistake and then crediting only half of the HOTSEP bonus that I previously was going to take full advantage of.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob is right folks.

Empire still doesn't realize their mistake.

We have to keep "informing" them just how bad they have messed up. Give them a chance to fix it. It has only been a few hours so far, if it takes a day or two for the message to get across that's ok.

Don't let this drop. Given their HOTSEP bonus take-back, they clearly have not thought this through clearly yet.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:00 AM

If you think that 300 players were invvolved w/ this, and they all took out their money, then that's quite a chunk of change gone in one day. I had 2,000 in my acccount and I think it's fair to assume that perhaps a little less might be average? Lets say 1500*300= 450K.. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img].. Some poor customer service Indian several thousand miles away would be shaking in his boots if that sh-t hit the fan.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:06 AM

Its the future lost rake and additional lost customers who are warned away from this site that will cost them, not a decline in balance levels.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Its the future lost rake and additional lost customers who are warned away from this site that will cost them, not a decline in balance levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I know, but that's a nice chunk of cash being taken out of play, is what I was trying to say.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If so, that's 300 people telling a few potential customers each to stay away from empire. It adds up pretty quick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly doubt it is only 300. there were 59,000 people playing last night. That is around 15K more than normal I believe.

I know that Party has a bonus running and empire also has the HOTSEP going, so even if my numbers are right, it can't really be figured at 300. But then again, there are 5116 views and 233 posts in the original thread. There are A LOT of lurkers here.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I highly doubt it is only 300. there were 59,000 people playing last night. That is around 15K more than normal I believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

And people talk to other people too, word will get around to all the regular players soon enough
Old 09-29-2004, 08:19 AM

59k is not unusual anymore. certainly not 15k higher than what they've been reaching lately.

and only a small percentage of that 59k and an even smaller percentage lurks on 2+2 and RGP and knew about the bonus.

for an idea of the number of regular empire players one only has to look at their raked-hands freerolls that they have had.

it was something like
'play 350+ raked hands between monday and tuesday and qualify for the lower freeroll'
'play 700+ hands to qualify for the higher freeroll'

the players were automatically entered. i think each freeroll got in the neighborhood of 300 players each.

not sure if i've seen too many more than 400 players in any of their MTT's.
it's a rough approximation and it's only guess-work of course....but i'm pretty sure they have a pretty small percentage of that 59k total.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:21 AM

Ive always assumed they str8 up lose money.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:22 AM

dont forget about bonuswhores webpage..they had 3000 views there also so this is more widespread than everyone thinks.. I would have to say about 5000 people did this bonus at least.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:24 AM

5000 is WAAAAY too high. I guess 200-700 did this bonus. This bonus did not make bonuswhores profit in ANY way.