Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2004, 01:37 AM

Default A flop decision

This was a hand I was discussing with a friend...

So you're playing party .5/1 and you raise 4 limpers + the sb with AcKc in the BB/edit.

The flop comes 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
The sb bets out, what's your move and why?
Old 09-28-2004, 01:42 AM

Default Re: A flop decision

I'm assuming you're the BB right? I would just call here and let everyone come along for the ride right now, hopefully someone will raise and you can trap eveyone in for some more bets. you don't need to clean any outs or anything. If you hit your flush or A or K and sb keeps betting into you it might just never get raised, overcall city here i'd think...
Old 09-28-2004, 01:44 AM

I raise. The pot is large and I'd like to do as much as possible to take it down now. I want to clean up any overcard outs (in the event someone is holding A5o or A2o, I'd like them to fold, but if they don't, they're adding value to my pot). My hand will win this pot a majority of the time, and I want to A) do everything possible to win it now, and B) ensure that the most money possible goes into it.

Rob
Old 09-28-2004, 01:44 AM

I'd raise. You have a draw to the nut flush and two strong overcards. There are no real straight possibilities. This is a great flop for your hand. You also want people to fold who might have a five or something like that. Not to mention the pot being really big to begin with.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:47 AM

Raise.

If the limpers were planning on calling 1, they'll probably call two. Your pot equity is rather large. If you make your flush, you'll have to make the call 2 on the expensive streets, which will probably make them fold. You might even get a free card if you choose to check the turn. It's unlikely anyone after you will raise, so you won't be able to 3-bet for value.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:52 AM

oh [censored]! thats KG in your avatar. didnt recognize him cause that picture is strange.

yeah i think i like raising better here also now that i think about it, they will call anyways most likely. I'm always amazed... when i have a monster to think if i should just go for overcalls, then raise anyways and everyone still calls. and you may get a weak pair to fold.