Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2004, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Damn this guy owned me...

[ QUOTE ]

This is the standard answer from average table coach Joe, and it's just plain stupid. Sadly though, it's nearly impossible to make average Joe change his mind, like talking to a wall.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh and in case you are wondering sponge guy, this is the point that you so eloquently personify (in this particular case).

busguy
Old 09-27-2004, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't go right over my head if it isn't true.

Fish don't learn and they don't want to learn, that is why we keep winning and they keep losing.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he isnt going to learn or believe what you say. Why are you arguing with him then? What purpose does it have other than to make you feel all good about yourself?

yes, some fish wont play any differently when you table coach then. But some do. Why risk the chance that this fish is one of them? Whenever Im playing any game or sport or whatever, and im there for fun, when someone tells me I suck, I make try a hell of alot harder against them. I think most people are the same way.
Old 09-27-2004, 05:48 PM

Even more importantly it (1) may make the guy leave and/or (2) the rest of the table will tighten up for fear of getting berated.

And sponger says he doesnt care if a really bad player leaves the table because another will take his place. That's nonsense. Once you've learned your fundamentals, table selection is the most critical part of play. If you sit down and choose to kick out the worst players at the table each time and tighten up the rest, you've cost yourself a lot of money.

Finally, sponger, if you don't get this after everyone has tried to explain it, youre denser than the "fish" youre talking about.

sponger: "I told him what he was doing wrong and he still won't learn. What a dope."

2+2: ditto.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
even if you didn't know a flush beat a straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, I flush beats a straight? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Damn, that is a HUGE leak in my game! Thanks man! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2004, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't see why everyone is laughing at this guy. Pretty soon he will have near perfect notes on everyone he has ever played against. The money will start rolling in and once he gets over his acceptable $793,422 initial loss he should be able to give up his daytime job (as a comedian) and turn pro, while you're still giving away valuable information to the sharks for short term profit. You gotta see the big picture, man.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly. Information is more valuable than money. Haven't you ever heard that knowledge is power?

Justin A
Old 09-27-2004, 07:02 PM

Tales of a losing player.

You must think it's rigged.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tales of a losing player.

You must think it's rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I'm a losing player. I've been able to pay my rent and school with all the not money i've been unwinning since January.

I also believe its rigged.... in my favor of course. But thats only because I suck at poker, so they'd have to rig it in my favor.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:03 PM

You've been able to pay for school and rent? Just feeling the need to tell people this shows that you have an ego problem, which is the point of most responses in this thread.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:30 PM

why did I read this?
Old 09-27-2004, 09:12 PM

Some fish might not learn, but most of us were fish at some point in our lives. Table coaching is NEVER the right thing to do. Why do it? What is your reason for table coaching? I don't see how there can be any benefit, all I see from table coaching is harm. I don't get why you table coach?

- Tony