Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2004, 04:28 PM

Default Party NL 100 10max

What is the best way to exploit the texture of this game? I usually 3 table party 50, making roughly $40/hr, but the strange way in which people play this game is completely throwing me off (always half potting and calling much more often). I steal many pots in the 50 game, but get callers often in the 100. My thoughts so far are that I should keep full-potting it (or close to the full pot), but instead only do it when I have a strong hand. Is this effective? Also, I don't think I limp enough; what is a good range of limping hands in this game?
Old 09-26-2004, 06:26 PM

Default Re: Party NL 100 10max

What is your vpip? I limp w/ any hand in any position that i think will make EV. After a lot of exp, you can just sorta tell what will make $ and what wont. At a limpy, passive table, i play a lot of suited connectors/gappers and small pairs. In a more agro table, i dont limp so much from EP, except w/ pairs. BTW I steal tons of pots, more than i used to at 50.
Old 09-26-2004, 08:01 PM

Default Re: Party NL 100 10max

I usually bet around 3/4 the pot with my real hands and bluffs alike. Its real easy to sense weakness in these games as well.