Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2004, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Some NFL Week 3 Picks

I checked last night and what I really got was -3.5 (-107), sorry and yes, I know that .5 is significant. Still pretty good compared to now, I think the line was so good prior to Mon game since injuries can happen. Lucky for me, I don't think Philly lost anyone. Unfortunately, my strong plays suck, but its not gonna stop me from having fun this Sunday. I know Sport Handicapping requires more time and effort than what I give it, but I have a good time watching a game with action on it, so thats +EV too. Good luck everybody.
Old 09-26-2004, 06:13 PM

Default Nailed Two, One to Go

I still like the Raiders tonight. Sure, I'll probably eat my words, but what the heck, I am hot. The line is now -3.5 (-104).

I watched the Philly game. I think a 30-7 lead in the 4th shows Detriot not in Phillys class. Detriot was thin in DB, with 3 out of 4 out. Harrington is not that impressive, not too accurate, IMO. Roy Williams caused problems (over 100 yrd TD), but that was it.

Evidently, Carson couldn't handle Ravens, and Jamal ran wild. Carson threw for 300+ yrd, but turned it over 4 times or something.

So two young quarterbacks vs. a tough Defense couldn't handle the pressure. This is what I see tonight with Miami. The line is now -2.5 which I don't like (Miami needs all the points they can get), it was -1. Miami offense sucks, obviously, but I don't care who the Rookie QB is (okay Marino/Peyton), if its his first start, he is going to have trouble vs. tough Defense.

Look at Elway, Aikman, Faurve, go back to Bradshaw, these Hall of Famers had stats like 7 TD 24 ints first year. So I like Miami.

I watched the Raiders last week vs. Bills. I liked what I saw. They are tough on Defense. They sacked Bledso 7 times, they are tough against run, Warren Sapp and Ted Washington, right? Tampa Bay doesn't even have Joey Gallaway. They are home again, going against a team that hasn't scored an offensive TD all year. Gannon and co. have some big play capability still against tough Buc d. I expect Raiders to cover tonight.
Old 09-26-2004, 06:22 PM

Default Re: Nailed Two, One to Go

did you take it at 3 or 3.5?

craig
Old 09-26-2004, 06:32 PM

Default Re: Nailed Two, One to Go

i took it at -3 (-120) now its 3.5 (-104) (an hour ago). If I wanted it at -3, it would have been -128. This is all Pinacle, I really should line shop and maybe I will if I can keep getting good picks from this board, which have been hitting pretty good, at least lately since that is all I have been following.