Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2004, 10:17 AM

Default Cheating at 4 Queens Tourney

See Cheating at 4 Queens Tourney

Felicia,

That was a brilliant post. I'm glad I checked your blog. Isn't there a way to get these clowns blacklisted? How 'bout that detective agency in Vegas that has a blacklist.

And as for the TD, I wonder if he was getting a kick-back from these A$$holes.

Cheers,

Derringer
Old 09-26-2004, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Cheating at 4 Queens Tourney

See here
Old 09-26-2004, 02:40 PM

Thanks. This was extremely disturbing. Even more disturbing was the amount of personal mail and/or posts I got on different websites from newish players who had no idea that softplaying is a form of cheating.

As far as Jason and Greg go, they have sent me some hate mail, and sent hate mail to others around the web. They have also posted on RGP, and dug themselves in deeper, at first claiming that they were, indeed, softplaying, and that they were told it was "okay." Then, when confronted with the fact that they were told over and over again that softplaying was NOT okay, they reverted to the party line that they stopped softplaying once they were told not to do it anymore. The most recent grave which they dug for themselves included a post where they denied the softplaying altogether (after publicly admitting it only days earlier) and said that when they were in hands together, they "caught bad," and were unable to bet.

Had these two guys just admitted that they cheated, said they were sorry and moved on, things would have been a lot better for them. Instead, they are going to be watched carefully whenever they enter any TDA event. I was lucky enough to be able to provide a link to a pic of Greg, so that players will be able to spot them when they are at a table together (not that it's very hard to spot them, they didn't try to hide the cheating at all, and were very defensive when confronted with it).

I think in the case of Roland, the problem was that he was new. He was trying to break into tournament directing. He seemed like a deer caught in headlights. I don't think he was accepting any payoff, I think he just wanted things to "run smoothly" during his shift, and that is why he didn't call David Lamb in order to submit to a higher authority.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
www.felicialee.net

[ QUOTE ]
See Cheating at 4 Queens Tourney

Felicia,

That was a brilliant post. I'm glad I checked your blog. Isn't there a way to get these clowns blacklisted? How 'bout that detective agency in Vegas that has a blacklist.

And as for the TD, I wonder if he was getting a kick-back from these A$$holes.

Cheers,

Derringer

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-26-2004, 04:22 PM

Sponger15SB,

Thanks for the link. I see it has been discussed already. I don't visit here often, but when I do, I make sure I check up on Felicia's blog.

I have had collusive play done on me before at Commerce. Three players trickled away from my table after I won with some very strong hands, playing tight/agressive. They all came back to the table at the same time. The "tone" of the game changed noticeably, and I could tell there was collusion going on. I got up and left while still in the black and thanked them for the game. The three shot me dirty looks as I left.

This is something all players need to watch out for. Kudos again to Felicia.

Cheers,

Derringer