Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2004, 01:01 AM

Default how would you play this?

PP $50 buyin POT limit.

I'm the small blind with KcKh, five limpers to me including button whose a LAG and seems to take a stab at any checked flop. I'm at about $130 and he's about the same. I pot it pre-flop, 3 callers including button. Flop comes T53, all clubs. I check, intending to checkraise the LAG who will most certainly bet if no one else does. He pots it, I reraise, and he goes all-in. I call. He takes it down with 33.

Is the checkraise questionable? Should I pot the flop instead? Or maybe not mess with that flop at all?

Thanks for your thoughts.

4gapper
Old 09-25-2004, 05:09 AM

Default Re: how would you play this?

The problem with the line you took is that it commits you to the pot once you checkraise. Against just the LAG, I think it's a decent line, but with three others taking the flop, I'd just lead out with a pot sized bet and go from there.

I don't know how much it would've mattered this hand, however, as you are going to be hard pressed to release your hand when the LAG pots it.

Burno
Old 09-25-2004, 09:22 AM

Default Re: how would you play this?

Thanks Burno,
That was basically my thinking too -- any tack I take it'd be a difficult laydown. If I'd bet the flop, and LAG reraised, he could be on a number of hands, including a made flush, AcX, a set, a T, or anything else. Folding would be very difficult, although I could be (and was) a big underdog to a made set.

4gapper