Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2004, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Zerorake - Dutch Boyd\'s latest failure

He's not...and its been gone over a million times. Unfortunatlly there are alot of people with low IQs and the need to believe he is behind it, so they go on and on about it. Its really kinda funny in a pathetic sort of way

I never really understood why you saying he isn't behind it was better evidence than the whois lookup saying he was.

Could you explain again please to those of us with low IQ as it all happened whilst I was away.

Lori
Old 09-24-2004, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's not...and its been gone over a million times. Unfortunatlly there are alot of people with low IQs and the need to believe he is behind it, so they go on and on about it. Its really kinda funny in a pathetic sort of way

I never really understood why you saying he isn't behind it was better evidence than the whois lookup saying he was.

Could you explain again please to those of us with low IQ as it all happened whilst I was away.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Im obviously not lumping you into the low IQ group, you actually show the ability to think for yourself. Im talking about the lemmings that come out of the wood work with low post counts who no one has heard of before and go on about it as if it is gospel.

anyway, the bit you are refering to was addressed here

Seems like a perfectly logical explanation to me. The simple fact is there is much more proof pointing to it NOT being dutchs site than points to it as being his site. The business models differ in a distinct way. Dutch has actually ran a cardroom before and knows how to play poker, its obvious zerorake has done neither. If it was Dutchs I think he would be a fool to NOT attach his name to the site. He is a known name and the fish love him. If it was dutches site, why would he pay to have a new software client written instead of using the one he already owns and refused to sell? The only thing similiar is the no rake concept, and its not like that some unique thing, it was bound to happen, and its bound to happen again. The only thing tying dutch to this site is the desire for people who hate him to see him tied to a site that failed.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

The whois lookup didn't say Dutch Boyd had anything to do with Zerorake. The whois lookup said Zerorake ran its site on Action Poker's servers, the same way Dutch Boyd's old site used to. They simply shopped at the same store, at different times no less.
Old 09-24-2004, 02:07 PM

Default Their motto..

[ QUOTE ]
Our goal at HolyCowPoker.com is to create the world’s most user-friendly online poker site. That’s we made Daisy the Cow our spokeswoman. Daisy reflects the philosophy of our site - Daisy is your friend, she will be there for you and you can trust her.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL
Old 09-24-2004, 02:15 PM

Thanks Alobar, fnurt.

Lori
Old 09-24-2004, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Im obviously not lumping you into the low IQ group, you actually show the ability to think for yourself. Im talking about the lemmings that come out of the wood work with low post counts who no one has heard of before and go on about it as if it is gospel.

anyway, the bit you are refering to was addressed here

Seems like a perfectly logical explanation to me. The simple fact is there is much more proof pointing to it NOT being dutchs site than points to it as being his site. The business models differ in a distinct way. Dutch has actually ran a cardroom before and knows how to play poker, its obvious zerorake has done neither. If it was Dutchs I think he would be a fool to NOT attach his name to the site. He is a known name and the fish love him. If it was dutches site, why would he pay to have a new software client written instead of using the one he already owns and refused to sell? The only thing similiar is the no rake concept, and its not like that some unique thing, it was bound to happen, and its bound to happen again. The only thing tying dutch to this site is the desire for people who hate him to see him tied to a site that failed.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, if Zerorake said that the earth not round, does that make it so?

If they said the sun is not yellow, does that make it so?

On and on, just b/c someone denies something and then rationalizes it doesn't mean crap to me. You can tell by the post there they had an answered this question quite a few times via email and the answer seems rehearsed and well-versed to me.

Nevertheless, just b/c Zerorake is linked to Action poker doesn't necessarily mean they are linked to Boyd, but just b/c Zerorake says they aren't linked doesn't mean they aren't. Comprende?

Anyway, I think the bottom line is this: people need to be very cautious when depositing money into new sites regardless of alleged assocations. There are going to be dozens of new sites popping up constnantly and you will not find any of my money on those sites unless I am given a VERY GOOD incentive to place money on said site (and Zerorake did not offer this). Even if the incentive is good, the money will not be alot. Unless a new site has a proven record (i.e. Bodog) or does something extremely generous to want my money, they aren't going to get it.