Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2004, 12:39 PM

Default Re: How much of an edge woud the best players fold early?

I give up, there have been like nine-gazillion posts explaining why this broke go home thing your talking about is completely wrong. Just go back and reread them.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:43 PM

Wait, so you're saying that you shouldn't listen to the "Get broke, go Home" Theory. I admit that I may not know everything about poker, so thank God for people, like David Sklansky, who've forgotten more then most of us know.
He mentions it as a chapter in his book. I'm sorry but I just have to believe him on this. That factor is important in tournement play.

Cody
Old 09-24-2004, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait, so you're saying that you shouldn't listen to the "Get broke, go Home" Theory. I admit that I may not know everything about poker, so thank God for people, like David Sklansky, who've forgotten more then most of us know.
He mentions it as a chapter in his book. I'm sorry but I just have to believe him on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you will be well served re-reading sklanskys tourney book in order to fully understand his advice.

Sklansky advises most players to call for all their chips on close gambles early on. He advises the better players to avoid these close gambles early on.

However, regardless of whether you are one of the better players or not, getting approx 9-1 pot odds on an allin call as a 2-1 dog to win is not a close gamble. So according to sklankys own tourney book, neither type of player should fold.