Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2004, 04:17 PM

Default Re: 30/60 JJ hand

Well, at the time, we didn't know that he has 33. My point was that he would get called by more hands that he beats, than beat him.
Old 09-22-2004, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, at the time, we didn't know that he has 33.

[/ QUOTE ] I know, that's why I said 33 was the extreme case.

The problem is we simply disagree on this point: [ QUOTE ]
he would get called by more hands that he beats, than beat him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been accused more than once on this site of giving respective villains too much credit. If this is the case, most hands posted should be prefaced with "my opponent in this hand is a total retard."
Old 09-22-2004, 04:39 PM

While his play in this hand is obviously terrible, but it's not worse than check/calling with 33 in the first hand. This dude has a common hoping and praying syndrome of many PP players. I was once afflicted by this, myself, but to a lesser extent. They hope and pray their opponent has AK and call down with any pair.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:11 AM

While I said I would probably be inclined to bet this hand because I only fear two possible holdings by my opponent, I can also reiterate that I think random is correct. However, he's assuming the opponent is a "thinking player", and since randomchamp had just sat down at the table, he has no idea whether he is or not, therefore, I would say go ahead and bet, and hope he calls with garbage, and hope he doesn't have KK or QQ. Any thinking opponent would look at the board and think that there's no possible hand rc could've called all the way with anything that he could beat with his low pocket pair, but poker wouldn't be profitable if everybody was thinking.
Old 09-23-2004, 01:09 AM

Three bet pre-flop considering number of players and his/your position. Define your hand and take control. GET the blinds OUT.
You didn't, so raise the flop bet to at least find out where you are at. I suspect you really had no idea all the way through. Or fold to the flop bet. Either are better options than calling IMHO.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:27 AM

Seems a little weak not to 3 bet JJ, especially against players who will let you know where you are. You are probably setting yourself up to lose the max if he hits the flop with overcards. Are you going to call the river if he bets? Stay away from these tough decisions and 3 bet! As for the betting of the river, its close, but I would check. If your pair was higher, its probably worth a bet(but then youre 3 betting for sure, so its a moot point)