Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2004, 10:46 PM

Default Re: Learning Limit after NL

It seems like the decision is between SSH and ITH, which are the two books I was debating between. After reading reviews about ITH in this forum, I have recommended ITH to my friends who are just learning how to play poker/holdem. However, for myself I was thinking that I would get SSH because I have been playing for almost a year, have played extensively and have been "successful" at NL. Is it necesary for me to get ITH first or can I go straight to SSH due to my prior NL experience? Is there anything in ITH that wouldn't be in SSH or something that would be missed if I skipped ITH? Thanks for the replies and information.

-aesic
Old 09-22-2004, 10:53 PM

Default Re: Learning Limit after NL

I think SSH assumes a pretty high level of limit competence. At least a sound weak tight game as taught by WLLH.

I think if you are new to limit you could learn a heck of a lot from ITH. I have been playing limit for over a year, have read several poker books, and i still learned from ITH.

For me, the most powerful advice was a statemt by SSH's author that ITH plus SSH is better than SSH alone.