Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2004, 05:40 PM

Default Re: Annie Duke and the TOC

wow. have you ever heard of a guy called Kant and the categorical imperative? hell, have you ever heard of academic discussion? so anyone can just say to anyone, "your obviously stupid and i so dont need to address your arguement." if that was the case, how would anything great ever been accomplished in the history of mankind?
Old 09-22-2004, 05:45 PM

Yes, I've heard of Kant and the categorical impertaive, and if I thought any of your arguments warranted intelligent discourse, I would engage you in such.

But they don't, so I won't.

Plus, you're still an ass.
Old 09-22-2004, 05:50 PM

like i wrote in response to you already:
the only arguements youre bringing forth are personal attacks on me and not my post. you assume i fall into the sterotype and so attack that sterotype yet have failed to address a single sentence in my post. if you disagree with my post, tell me where and why. dont just attack my person, when you don't know the first thing about me or who i am.

and why are you attacking me anyways? because i have an opinion? i'm not allowed to dislike annie duke? or believe her to be a bad player? who the f are you to tellme what i can or cannot think, and then call me an ass for it. its not like im making fun of any of her physical attributes or her family.
Old 09-22-2004, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

and why are you attacking me anyways? because i have an opinion? i'm not allowed to dislike annie duke? or believe her to be a bad player? who the f are you to tellme what i can or cannot think, and then call me an ass for it. its not like im making fun of any of her physical attributes or her family.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not telling you what you can or cannot think...or write, for that matter.
You wanna shout out from the rooftops that Annie Duke is a bad poker player or that David Hasselhoff is a great actor or whatever, shout it out loud, Dude.

Just be prepared if, when someone doesn't feel those opinions are worthy of an intelligent counter argument, to be told "you're an ass."
Old 09-22-2004, 06:00 PM

WHY AM I AN "ASS" IF I THINK DUKE IS A BAD POKER PLAYER? why would i be an ass if i thought hasselhoff is a good actor? that just doesnt make sense. aren't ass's people who are unreasonable, selfish, or mean etc? how can you say im any of these on the basis that i think annie duke is a bad poker player? and if you disagree with me that she's a bad player, PLEASE TELL ME WHY. don't just start calling me an ass.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:02 PM

"WHY AM I AN "ASS" IF I THINK DUKE IS A BAD POKER PLAYER?"

You're flagrantly ignoring facts that contradict your position, including the fact that Annie Duke beat the players you claim she didn't belong with.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:03 PM

and what are those counter facts? and like i said in the post, i think, and the hands of the tournament, that duke got very bsing lucky to win. even she said so a few times during the match.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WHY AM I AN "ASS" IF I THINK DUKE IS A BAD POKER PLAYER? why would i be an ass if i thought hasselhoff is a good actor? that just doesnt make sense. aren't ass's people who are unreasonable, selfish, or mean etc? how can you say im any of these on the basis that i think annie duke is a bad poker player? and if you disagree with me that she's a bad player, PLEASE TELL ME WHY. don't just start calling me an ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:08 PM

ok well now ure being unreasonable and mean. i don't think im being immature one here, and i definently dont think i deserved to be called an ass from you. if we were in real life you'd probably pick a fight with me now since you cant beat me verbally. which is fine by me.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
would i be an ass if i thought hasselhoff is a good actor?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't call you an ass if you thought hasselhoff is a good actor because it's not nice to tease retarded people.