Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2004, 05:28 PM

Default Annie Duke and the TOC

Before responding to this post please read the following link first:

http://www.recpoker.com/article.php?...amp;ID=129476)

I'm sorry, but not only did Annie Duke not deserve to belong at the TOC, her win was complete bs. For one, there are players like Gus Hansen and Barry Greenstein out there, why would you go with Duke? Two, if you went with Duke for the sake of having a lady at the table, then Jennifer Harmon should be the one. But either way, its the Tournament of Champions, not the Affirmative Action Tournament of Champions (AA is right for society, but not for poker).

Annie Duke has ONE bracelet at the WSOP, she is known to be a rude, classless, and cheating player at the table, and she has no other major tournament wins. Barry Greenstein is not only a great guy, but noone can argue he hasn't racked up the accolades to be mentioned with the likes of Chip Reese. Gus Hansen has 3 WPT wins and even more WPT final tables.

Annie Duke won 5 televised coin tosses at the TOC, FIVE. She was constantly the short stack until the end which tells you something about her play in-between these coin tosses, and her last coin-toss with her brother was just disgusting (not to mention the river 10 of Hellmuth, w/o I'm certain Chan would've won the whole thing). She didn't deserve to be in the tournament, and she won off a series of coin-tosses which by no means displays any real skill in poker. It's a coin toss for chrissake.

In heads up versus Hellmuth, Phil made all the right lay downs until the last hand, and he read Duke like the back of his hand on the two-pair. Duke flopped a full-house TWICE. And though I think it was a sly play to only show Hellmuth one card on the two-pair, I thought it was somewhat un-ethical and I seriously doubt Hellmuth fell for it. He was bsing all day to throw Duke off.

It's like Phil said at the end, she was a 30:1 favorite at best to win this, I would've put more money on Raymer winning. She was near to out but got lucky 5 times, and the constant short stack until the end. I don't like Phil or Annie as players, but atleast Phil is actually good at poker.

blank
(if a bunch of ppl already basically made this same post, sorry)
Old 09-22-2004, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Annie Duke and the TOC

Grow up.
Old 09-22-2004, 05:32 PM

You pulled off the trifecta!

Your post is rude, idiotic, and childish.

Good work...but I think you need to increase the sexism next time.

Will
Old 09-22-2004, 05:33 PM

wow, great arguement man.

if you disagree with me, give me a reason.
Old 09-22-2004, 05:33 PM

how is my post in anyway sexist? and how is it rude? please support your arguements.
Old 09-22-2004, 05:34 PM

#1: The "Annie vs. Daniel" thing is so old it's growing mold.

#2: You're an asss.

Thre. That's pretty much all I have to say on the matter.
Old 09-22-2004, 05:35 PM

why am i an ass? if you disagree with my post, tellme why. what points do you think i'm wrong on?

[ QUOTE ]
wow, great arguement man.

if you disagree with me, give me a reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you insist, OK.

[ QUOTE ]
And though I think it was a sly play to only show Hellmuth one card on the two-pair, I thought it was somewhat un-ethical and I seriously doubt Hellmuth fell for it. He was bsing all day to throw Duke off.

[/ QUOTE ]

On just this one point in case you missed it your hero, Phil HellMouth, showed one of his cards first (a King) before Annie showed Phil the nine.

we don't need to support arguments to refute an obviously juvenile and classless post.

All we need to do is let you know how juvenile and classless you are.

Done.
Old 09-22-2004, 05:37 PM

Pure rubbish.

Annie outplayed Phil, and if people like you cant accept that, then oh well.

To get to the final 2, it takes a lot more then just a few coin toss wins. She was behind on some of the tosses and she was ahead on some of the tosses. They went her way that day.

She certainly did deserve to be there, unfortunately people give way too much credit to Phil and way too little credit to Annie. Her teacher is Howard, who I consider to be one of the top players out there, she has learned very well from him, and absolutely deserved to be at that table.

Were there other people that deserved to be there as well? Of course, theres more then 10 people total that deserved to be at that table, but only 10 could be there, deal with it.