Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2004, 11:55 PM

Default Hand from Super Tuesday.

Button hasn't played many hands, this is his first open raise that I remember.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (9 handed)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="C00000">Hero (t4595)</font>
UTG (t6028)
UTG+1 (t3225)
MP1 (t2053)
MP2 (t415)
MP3 (t1233)
CO (t4740)
<font color="C00000">Button (t4780)</font>
SB (t2025)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises to t700</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t2000</font>, Button calls t1300.

Flop: (t4075) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets t2595 (All-In)</font>, Button calls t2595.

Turn: (t9265) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t9265) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t9265

What do you think of the reraise, then push on the flop?
Old 09-22-2004, 12:00 AM

Default Re: Hand from Super Tuesday.

It all looks pretty standard. Although, 700 raise preflop is almost 5xBB. I'd be curious to know the buyin for this event. If its over $20, then I'll come back to chat more, goodnight.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:02 AM

Haha, I'm oviously oblivious to the title of the post. I gotta get to sleep and stop spreading junk.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:10 AM

Seems by the book to me.

Here's my crazy hand from this tourney. No analysis needed here. This is just after the bubble and we're all in the moeny. I don't have the hand history, but it's folded to big stack in CO+1 who has about 40K and was very good at bullying the table during bubble time. Blinds 1000/500 and he open raises enough to put my T3100 stack on the button all-in. I call with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. He flips up K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

This looks good to me until the flop comes

5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

And I'm dead and out. Until...

Turn 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

River 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

And we split the pot. Craziest thing I ever saw. I had 0.002% chance of taking down any chips after that flop. I went on to finish 38th when my short stack AJ in the CO ran into Kings.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems by the book to me.

Here's my crazy hand from this tourney. No analysis needed here. This is just after the bubble and we're all in the moeny. I don't have the hand history, but it's folded to big stack in CO+1 who has about 40K and was very good at bullying the table during bubble time. Blinds 1000/500 and he open raises enough to put my T3100 stack on the button all-in. I call with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. He flips up K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

This looks good to me until the flop comes

5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

And I'm dead and out. Until...

Turn 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

River 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

And we split the pot. Craziest thing I ever saw. I had 0.002% chance of taking down any chips after that flop. I went on to finish 38th when my short stack AJ in the CO ran into Kings.

[/ QUOTE ]

That hand just makes me smile.

Did you see any "Party's rigged!" chat after it?
Old 09-22-2004, 02:15 PM

This is a $160 buyin event. Why the button made an overbet is a question.

Rather than bet 1/2 my stack, I would push. With a big pair, I might have played it as you did, but with AK I would push. He may think you are on a resteal and a call if he had a good hand.

With AK, you are the underdog to any pair, a 3-1 favorite versus Ax or Kx, and about a 2-1 favorite against 2 undercards, less if they are suited or connected, which is likely if you are called.

I don't think you mind winning the hand right here with a push.