Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2004, 03:19 PM

Default Ramming Jamming question

Two players left on 5th street. You just completed the nut flush with 3 flush cards up. You are in the middle of them and the first bets out. You raise and the last player 3 bets! You examine his board and you are certain he has trips. You cap and they call.

On 6th street they dont appear to have paired anything but you now are pretty certain both are on draws to a full house after the first checks, you bet, last raises, first calls, you 3 bet, last calls, first calls.

On 7th the first bets, I call (figuring I am now beat), the last raises, first calls, I call. 50 buck pot in .5/1 stud game. The last player rivered a FH as well as the first player rivered a FH but the last players FH was higher. Now I did have a 1 outer to the str8 flush A thru 5 on 5th street.

Dont get me wrong that I was frustrated losing, but I was wondering if you jack this pot up knowing you are now giving away your hand on 5th street? Is this the typical play for stud?
Old 09-21-2004, 05:57 PM

Default Re: Ramming Jamming question

Hi,

How do you handle varience??? Jam 4th/5th/6th in a multiway pot if you don't mind it and they don't have open pairs.

Why does it matter if they know you have a flush? You capped 5th and 3 bet 6th. You didn't leave a lot of money on the table except maybe on 4th.

Ram and Jam away on unpaired boards trips never fold anyways.

[edit] Oh, also, you don't have the nut flush if you have the wheel draw, you have an ace high flush.

MarkV.
Old 09-21-2004, 10:44 PM

Default Re: Ramming Jamming question

Uh, three players left on fifth street?

Yes, you raise with your flush. You're making money on every bet that goes in there. And since there's some dead money in the pot already, they are correct in calling. The pot's big, so you have to call on the end as well. You got a bunch of money in there with the best hand, and only $2 with the worst hand. It's part of the game.

Those one-outers are hard to play.