Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2004, 02:59 AM

Default 15-30, interesting hand.

Local 15-30 game at an american veterans. Real easy game, besides me, 1 good player 3 average players and a bunch of people giving money away.

I have 89 of spades on the button. Folded to me, sb is a semi-loose terrible player. BB is is an older man that limps too much but pretty loose passive.

I raise the 89 of spades. SB calls. BB raises (3 bets)(BB is almost out of chips) I call. SB caps, bb calls, i call (weirdest action ive seen all night)

Flop comes A-9-7 ace of spades. SB checks, BB goes all in for 5, I call knowing the worst SB can do is complete it to 15. Sb just calls the 5 as well.

Turn comes 10 of spades. SB bets out in front, I call. River comes J offsuit, SB bets out, I raise, sb calls.

Did i butcher it?
Old 09-20-2004, 03:31 AM

Default Re: 15-30, interesting hand.

You didn't butcher it but i would raise the turn...Also if there is a chance that SB wouldn't call cold 2 you may think about 4 betting preflop...
Old 09-20-2004, 01:49 PM

Default Re: 15-30, interesting hand.

You seem to have gotten a good flop read on the SB but I think you should raise the all-in player and get it heads-up with your second pair. SB can call super-cheap here if you only call with KJ and a bunch of other hands that have a lot of outs against you. Moreover, by just calling you say that you don't have an ace.

Fine otherwise.

JimmyV