Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2004, 12:52 AM

Default SSH errata (low content)

Just finished my 3rd complete read of SSH. That alone should tell you I have no criticism of the content -- the hand examples and quizzes are pretty unequivocally correct, and the concepts presented have been nailed down in the SS forum quite convincingly. The writing is also exceptionally clear for a group of authors that has been criticized on this point in the past. If I do come across important poker/gambling questions, I'll post them elsewhere.

I've only skimmed the first two pages of this forum so apologies if any of these are repeats.

p. 80 - the very last AKs is written 'Aks'

p. 82 - MP Versus Reraise should probably read "same guidelines..." as it does in the rest of that column, considering the explicit hands are in fact the same as EP once again

p. 109 - the equation should have two (3)(0) terms, not just one, assuming you want to make footnote #50 follow the concept precisely; the answer is of course the same

p. 190 - is titled "preflop concepts afterthought" instead of "postflop"

I do think the preflop tables are poorly structured in general, FWIW. Having "raising" and "playing" categories forces you to do two lookups to determine the proper list of [cold]calling hands. To mix my math metaphors, disjoint sets > unions. While you're at it, list raising hands first.

(Not that I actually use the tables! But it would be nice to see quick ballpark recommendations at a glance, so long as you're including them at all.)
Old 09-19-2004, 11:05 PM

Default Re: SSH errata (low content)

FWIW, this list pertains to a "red" edition shipped from Conjelco a few days after they were made available. Hope this helps; I owe NPA Miller many beers next time I'm in Vegas regardless.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:22 AM

Default Re: SSH errata (low content)

Thanks a lot, Richard. Before the next printing, I hope to go through and fix this stuff.