Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2004, 06:45 PM

Default NL 6max questions on aggression

I just had a horrible session on 6max, endup losing $50 for the day and feeling terrible about my game.
Not going to bother with bad beats, but I have some questions though.

1)Is it important to not look like a nut peddler?Show bluffs, raise pf with nothing them show it, do some big raises them show it a trash hand?I didnt had too much of problems getting paid off on my hands, but I did had a MAJOR problem when I tried to play like a semi-maniac, I dropped $50 in ten minutes, I felt horrible, and had to go back to my `ocassional bluff, keep looking for a good fishy table and semi-nutpeddle`, yet I saw a guy play sucessfully that way, he sat on a $5(!) avg pot table($25 NL, so the `normal` would be $20) he kept raising pf around 4 and 5, sometimes 6, he didnt showed the hand but many times he trapped and stacked other players with big pairs that way, he ran to around $200, soon enough that table had a high avg pot, because everybody got the `gambling fever` and started to play back all in at his raises

2)How many hands should you play per orbit to not look too tight?I`m trying to complete the SB and call min raises so I dont look like a folding nut peddler, is this ok?

3)Should you raise hands like AJ, KJ, QJ, A10, from EP MP?

4)Should you raise like 2x per orbit to keep people thinking your a maniac so they call when you get a big pair?
Old 09-18-2004, 07:52 PM

Default Re: NL 6max questions on aggression

1) Play your own game.

2) Play your own game.

3) No.

4) No.

You assume people actually pay attention to what you do. Play your own game, doing all the things above will just make you lose money. Most people don't hang around enough for you to build an image anyway so just play tight aggressive poker.