Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2004, 01:22 AM

Default A Fish Limp Re-Raise Phenomenon!

I limp A9s UTG. Early and mid seats call. Button raises, blinds fold. I call, early seat re-raises, mid-seat caps. WTF?

Early seat guy folded on the turn against a QT flop so apparently he had no Aces or Kings. And mid seat guy had pocket jacks that weren't worth raising the first time, but were worth cap'ing with later.

I've seen many a lets all call this hand fish phenomenon. This was the first limp re-raise one I've encountered. Interesting.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:24 AM

Default Re: A Fish Limp Re-Raise Phenomenon!

Tonight I got limp-reraised by 66, KK and AQo. 66 flopped a set to my overpair, I turned a set and destroyed his soul.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:28 AM

Next time keep it in a jar - makes a handy night light!

/mc
Old 09-17-2004, 01:30 AM

It's all well and good til it eats through the glass and stains your carpet. That's why I just destroy: less mess, less stress.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:44 AM

You're a wierd one...that's what I like about you.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tonight I got limp-reraised by 66, KK and AQo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually get limp reraised by suited connectors or small pairs. The AQ is curious. Was it from UTG? I want to deem your sample size insufficient.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:58 AM

The AQ is curious. Was it from UTG?

Yeah, UTG. I also had AQo. Mono flop, I had the A of flush, he had the Q, but nothing showed and we split the pot after I checked the river through.

I want to deem your sample size insufficient.

Deem away, Wendell. You don't want to tussle with me.
Old 09-17-2004, 02:02 AM

you need to keep these for bargaining later on.
Old 09-17-2004, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I limp A9s UTG. Early and mid seats call. Button raises, blinds fold. I call, early seat re-raises, mid-seat caps. WTF?

Early seat guy folded on the turn against a QT flop so apparently he had no Aces or Kings. And mid seat guy had pocket jacks that weren't worth raising the first time, but were worth cap'ing with later.

I've seen many a lets all call this hand fish phenomenon. This was the first limp re-raise one I've encountered. Interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just tonight I've gotten Limp Re-Raised with AJs, QJ, and... i want to say 77.

It's interesting. It's even more mindblowing than the "out of position underpair check-and-call-and-then-lead-the-river" thing I've seen way too many times to count.

It's like... "I've got a pocket pair, I deserve to win, he might have a Queen, but... oh wait, it's the river, some book told me to value bet the river a lot, so I'll do it."

At least, that's the only thought process I can even possibly figure for it, and even that's a bit thin.

It shocks me that a lot of these people are college kids like myself, who somehow scrounge up enough money to dump $400 on partypoker and claim it's rigged because they can beat the drunk kids in their frat house.
Old 09-17-2004, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just tonight I've gotten Limp Re-Raised with AJs, QJ, and... i want to say 77.

It's interesting. It's even more mindblowing than the "out of position underpair check-and-call-and-then-lead-the-river" thing I've seen way too many times to count.

It's like... "I've got a pocket pair, I deserve to win, he might have a Queen, but... oh wait, it's the river, some book told me to value bet the river a lot, so I'll do it."

At least, that's the only thought process I can even possibly figure for it, and even that's a bit thin.

It shocks me that a lot of these people are college kids like myself, who somehow scrounge up enough money to dump $400 on partypoker and claim it's rigged because they can beat the drunk kids in their frat house.

[/ QUOTE ]

I too will never understand why someone who has been calling me down with pocket 4's will suddenly lead at the river. It's about the stupidest thing ever. The only thing I can think of is they are hoping I will fold like 2nd pair.