Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2004, 07:44 PM

Default Re: Helmuth Folded His Kings to TT

[ QUOTE ]
I dont mind this fold at all. Most of you don't have the skill to lay down a pair. An over pair is not that good of a hand after the flop. It is a decent hand but not one that you want to risk all your chips especially since he didnt move in preflop. He just has discipline to lay down big hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I lack the discipline and skill to fold 95% favorite hands and avoid doubling up.
Old 09-17-2004, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By Tx I mean T and any card. So it was probably AT or KT, most likely suited (and a dumb play, to boot)

[/ QUOTE ]

What is more stupid, making that play or folding to it?
Old 09-17-2004, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Board was 865 or 875, with 2 of one suit, i'm fairly certain.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're certainly wrong. There was definitely a ten, and I think it was T97 with two diamonds or two hearts.

Justin A

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you're definitely wrong and the board was 5,7,8 rainbow.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is more stupid, making that play or folding to it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding to it, of course. On a board of rags with straight and flush posibilities, no way am I fearing being behind with that kind of pre-flop action (unless one of the players plays flops Negreanu style). If it's aces, it's aces. You'd have to have an amazing read on the guy to fold kings in that position.

But now I'm confused what the flop was, given that there's two seperate accounts. I could have sworn there was a ten there... if I'm wrong I apoligize, I just remember there being a ten and hearing other people say the same thing (including Mr. Phillips).
Old 09-18-2004, 02:30 AM

Default A lie.

I am good friends with Kelly Kim (the player whom Phil folded KK to). He told me the story long before it aired, and I was playing at the Hustler with him when it was first broadcast. I mentioned this in the first thread on the subject as well. When I speak with Kelly, I'll ask him if he minds me saying what he held.

But it wasn't TT. That's all I'll say for now, so please don't bother asking me anymore specifics.

Josh