Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2004, 05:50 PM

Default Re: What is the longeset you have run bad?

Are the players getting tougher or you getting burnt out or both?. For the amount of hands you put in 220 BBs EVER does not sound that bad at all...
Old 09-16-2004, 05:50 PM

Please don't take this in a smartass way, but, in my mind, I've never had a bad run. I've been playing for about 10 months and am up about 1500 BB. I simply don't pay much attention to my short term fluctuations. I've only played one session in my life, consisting of every poker hand during that time.

This, of course, is easier said than done. You just have to remember that winning poker is about making +EV decisions, not results.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can see "the closet" is important to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

everything is important, after the fact, hehe. when i am fumed with poker rage, they are not... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2004, 12:59 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

[ QUOTE ]
Please don't take this in a smartass way, but, in my mind, I've never had a bad run. I've been playing for about 10 months and am up about 1500 BB. I simply don't pay much attention to my short term fluctuations. I've only played one session in my life, consisting of every poker hand during that time.

This, of course, is easier said than done. You just have to remember that winning poker is about making +EV decisions, not results.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 09-17-2004, 07:23 PM

Sweet, just remember to think this way when the dark side arrives.

TheArtist
Old 09-17-2004, 07:45 PM

Default It can get really long

The longer you play poker the longer your bad streak will be. I use to think I play about 5000 hands a week, it's
not possible to run bad for longer than a month. But it is.

The first bad run lasted 1 week. It was horrific. Then, the 2nd one lasted one month. I swear nothing can get worst. Then ofcourse now, I am sort of coming out of my third month straight getting whoop at limit(luckily during this streak of massive destruction i was able to pull of a big session here and there to reduce the downswings; and also I was putting less hours in limit). During this run i drop 200bb at 10/20 party max in about 8 hours once. I was in games where it's cap preflop once you decided to play though. Thus I drop down to playing multi table 3/6 for the moment until things get better and things are getting better. I be back playing 10/20 and 15/30 in no time.

Luckily for me I never had a losing month because I was winning in S&G's and tournaments when i was losing in limit cash games. I think the key is to be able to play other style of games too. If you can't win in limit, play nl, you can't win in cash games play S&Gs ect.

Also, in your bad run don't lose more than you suppose to. Alot of players play bad when they are losing and thus lose more than they are suppose to. I know I did and I learn from it.

TheArtist
Old 09-18-2004, 01:51 AM

The games are still amazingly weak, and I'm getting frustrated but not burnt out. Just running bad, it happens.
Last night I lost 3 pots on the river $950, $750, $690 all 3 I had flopped the nuts and got run down. Win 2 of them and a bad night becomes a great night.
Old 09-18-2004, 02:57 AM

Default Re: It can get really long

Well hopefully it ended tonight. I just finished a session in limit where I won 45 BB's in 3.5 hours. I got some good cards and they held up. It helps my confidence a lot. The last two weeks have been terrible.
Thanks for all of the posts. They were very helpfull.
Old 09-19-2004, 02:24 AM

HAhaha. Good one!