Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2004, 01:16 PM

Default 33 flops a boat

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls, Hero calls, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO (poster) calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, UTG calls.

River: (10.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB

Anyone want to guess what hand MP2 had? Oh, and should I just call the raise? I put him on AJs (though QQ also seemed possible) so I went ahead and 3-bet; he's been tilting recently at one of my other tables.

Rob
Old 09-17-2004, 01:46 PM

Default Re: 33 flops a boat

I think I would play it the same. If raised on the turn I would have raised. The monsters under the bed could be KT, KQ, QQ. When I was playing PS .25/.50, most of the average players did not raise AJ, AQ pf like we do. I would put him AK, AA, KK, QQ, JJ. That Q woke up MP2; I hope he didn't river you with QQ. I think you played it fine and I hope you pulled the pot.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:53 PM

The results don't really matter to me, as I think MP2 botched this one terribly. He turned over KK for flopped quads. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Rob
Old 09-17-2004, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The results don't really matter to me, as I think MP2 botched this one terribly. He turned over KK for flopped quads. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

You're damn right he botched it, he could have (and should) have made the max off you, me and anybody else on this board. The only way I would have slowed down in the slightest would have been with the Q on the river, not for fear of him holding QQ, but I would have put him on KQ as the more likely hand.

You got off lucky, a great hand that was beaten and didn't cost much. If only we were all so 'lucky'.
Old 09-17-2004, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this wasn't botched so bad -- it looks like he was going for overcalls on the flop (with so many people on his left is that poor?). Once they all folded, he should've pumped the turn IMO... and then he did pump the river, so I see him missing just the turn raise / cap.
Old 09-17-2004, 04:57 PM

You limped in preflop and it was raised behind you. You hit a perfect flop and your hand is well disguised. Why not go for check-raise on the flop? The likely bettor (MP2) is to your left, so you could trap the entire field for extra bets. If you bet out like you did and MP2 raises, then everyone is faced with a double sized bet and they'll have an opportunity to fold. You'd much rather have everyone call. If MP2 has a hand like AK, you'll get tons of action and could get yourself a capped multiway flop, with most people drawing practically dead. If MP2 shows KK at the end, then nh.

You could also wait for the turn to C/R and trap everyone for big bets, although this will give people drawing dead the opportunity to fold, which you don't want.