Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2004, 02:24 PM

Default Re: How good should a PC be for online gambling?

[ QUOTE ]
You will need a dual head graphics card and there are a load of them out there at a decent price. If you find one that has one VGA out (CRTs use VGA) and one DVI out but want to run two VGAs dont worry because there are DVI to VGA adaptors you can buy (the video card might even come with one).

[/ QUOTE ]

While it's probably true that you will be able to use an adapter to convert your DVI to VGA, it may not necessarily be so. It is going to be contingent on the type of DVI on your video card; there are 3 types of DVI: DVI-A (analog), DVI-D (digital), DVI-I (integrated). If your card is of the analog or integrated type, then you will be able to use an adapter; however, if you've got a DVI-D, then you can only use this with a true DVI-D monitor (mostly FP LCDs, very few CRTs). Well technically you could still get a converter to use the DVI-D to plug in a VGA monitor, but this converter would cost more than your computer.

HeartsKing
Old 09-16-2004, 02:50 PM

everyone has given good advice, and a GREAT place to buy anything to do with computers is www.newegg.com

i just built a new computer for Half-Life 2, i think its a little overkill for just playing poker though so i dont recommend all of this stuff...
AMD 64 3200+
ASUS K8V SE deluxe
1gig ram
ATI 9800 XT 256mb
that and the case and other stuff ended up around $1300ish on newegg.com, other places it was much more

for you, just make sure you have a vid card that can handle 2 monitors and get some monitors that can do 1600x1200 at least
Old 09-16-2004, 03:24 PM

Thanks for that info... my learning continues....