Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2004, 11:44 PM

Default Re: 40/80 at Borgata

you were afraid he might have AQ. that's always a fear when you flop w/ KQ and a seemingly good unknown is throwing action at you. reasonable. but now you know better about him. and andy fox's post i think is a good one. but east coast is different than out here. people 3 bet QJ out here a lot.
Old 09-15-2004, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So did my "wimpy" play cost me the pot, or do you guys think I played it right and just got unlucky?

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe. but losing the pot isn't the problem here. the problem is that you failed maximize when you hand is likely to be best.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, in his seat, if reraised on the flop and bet into on the turn, do you dump pocket eights (assume no straight draw)?

[/ QUOTE ]

don't ask us, ask the fish (or shark). some people call, others fold. as for your own advice, unless you have good notes on the opponent (yourself, in this senario), you should fold to a turn bet in the opponent's shoes.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think my hand is strong enough to call the raise on the flop and then check-rasie the turn. Do you agree with this?

[/ QUOTE ]

because of your position (CO) and his position (Button) your hand IS strong enough for this play.

Kenny
Old 09-15-2004, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Howdy George,

I would like to add my thoughts to this hand if you dont mind. Now this sounds like I'm gonna do a whole page and explain my thoughts, but all I really wanted to say is that you should 3 bet the flop or check/raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wish i could keep it this short [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]