Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2004, 02:16 AM

Default Bad river call in a big pot?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

The game is loose and aggressive. Both the BB and UTG+1 are VP$IP > 50% players.

I checked the flop hoping to raise a bet from late position. However, because the flop bet came from my right, a raise wouldn't be effective in cutting down people's odds or knocking them out. Thus, I decided to wait until the turn to C/R so that I could trap everyone for 2 big bets. Does anybody prefer betting out on the flop?

I didn't know what to do when I got three bet on the turn. Does anyone cap it?

The pot is big, but I still don't like my river call. It smells like UTG+1 hit a flush...Does anyone fold here?

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Hero calls.

River: (16 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 22 BB
Old 09-15-2004, 02:37 AM

Default Re: Bad river call in a big pot?

Put the hand in context of each round's bettor, raiser.

Flop, UTG + 1 bets. He could be betting a diamond draw, Kings, maybe eights or two pair. There are no other draws.

Turn, BB wakes up after just calling the flop bet and bets out. My guess is the 9 gave him either two pair or a set. Since he didn't bet out on the flop, I'd be inclined to think he doesn't have K9. UTG + 1, previous rounds' bettor just calls his bet, so we're still thinking probable K or diamond draw, maybe an 8. BB 3-bets, so you've gotta think the probabity of 2 pair (most likely not a King since he didn't bet out on the flop and most K9 would probably bet out on that flop) or a set is distinct here. I don't know that I cap here, but I think there's a fairly good chance I'm still ahead here. Notice also that UTG + 1 just cold calls your raise and the 3-bet--more indicitave of a drawing hand.

I'm guessing you probably beat BB's 2 pair/lost to his set, and got beat by UGT + 1's flush. Either way, pots pretty stinking big, and your two pair could be ahead. You have to win here around 1 time in 10 to make a call here profitable.

I like the turn checkraise, especially when a non diamond comes.

I'm probably wrong though. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

T
Old 09-15-2004, 03:03 AM

Default Re: Bad river call in a big pot?

[ QUOTE ]

You have to win here around 1 time in 10 to make a call here profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he's good here 1 in 10 times.