Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2004, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Who you guys like tonight in WSOP finale?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying he didn't get lucky in the tournament at some points, but you don't see him getting as lucky as moneymaker did last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh geez. Can't we stop the Moneymaker was just lucky bashing? I'm pretty sure Greg gets lucky twice at the final table. So just wait.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone can win a big tourney, let alone against 2,500 entrants, without getting a little lucky. But I know Greg and have read almost all there is out there about his win. I think we'll see a perfect example of how to play the "Big Stack" tonight. I hear he really took them all to school.
Old 09-14-2004, 04:15 PM

Coming here to post and read comments about an event that's on T.V. tonight is like the idiot that records the Super Bowl and then tunes in to SportsCenter before watching the tape!

You can't be serious!
Old 09-14-2004, 04:15 PM

Default WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS FOR RUINING MY YEAR.

COMPLETE SCUM OF INTERNET FORUMS.

I ASK WHO YOU LIKE, AND YOU TELL ME WHO WINS.

IF I WANTED TO KNOW WHO WINS, I WOULD HAVE ASKED WHO WON.

THANKS AGAIN
FOR RUINING MY YEAR.

GUESS I'LL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR TO BE SURPRISED.
[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2004, 04:18 PM

Default Re: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no problem accepting that there are people out there who don't know who won, and who don't want to know, but the concept of asking people to choose a rooting interest in an event that is already over and done with is lost on me.
Old 09-14-2004, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Greg Raymer wins

[/ QUOTE ]

no way, i predict he is the first one out.
Old 09-14-2004, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

THANKS AGAIN
FOR RUINING MY YEAR.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are an idiot, if you read and post on this board it has been discussed hundreds of times that Raymer won. The WSOP ended 3 1/2 months ago. Poker Stars has ads with Raymers face and his face is in their lobby. People were having discussions predicting the winner the day of the final table on this board in May.
Old 09-14-2004, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

THANKS AGAIN
FOR RUINING MY YEAR.

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You asked us who we like, and we told you. Why do you think we liked him to win? Because he did.

Don't ask a question unless you're prepared to know the answer.
Old 09-14-2004, 04:39 PM

you guys need to turn on your sarcasm detectors
Old 09-14-2004, 04:43 PM

These guys are just pulling your leg about Fossilman winning. Actually, what happens on the key hand is Fossilman raises with TT, Josh Arieh calls him with K6. The flop comes T55, giving Fossilman a full house. He proceeds to push all his chips in, Josh calls. Then the turn and river come K and K, giving Josh the pot. Raymer is out, but Josh proceeds to endlessly ridicule him "you put all your chips in on that? I had you covered, man".

Then on the very next hand, Marcel Luske eliminates Mattias Anderson when he calls Anderson's all-in with QQ and Mattias flips over KK. After Mattias flips his cards over, Marcel repeats "you had kings, I know you have kings, it's kings isn't it, admit it it's kings". Marcel wins when the Q shows up on the river. Mattias proceeds to yell "NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" until they have to forcibly remove him from the room.

But the ultimate winner is actually Gary Jones, in a throwback to the original WSOPs, the final table participants decide to vote for Gary as the 2004 WSOP champion because he looks and sounds so cool.
Old 09-14-2004, 05:09 PM

Okay, I made that part up about Gary Jones winning. Here's the real story...

John Murphy shows up on time to the final table, but immediately falls asleep. No one can wake him, so they continue to take his blinds and antes as everyone else proceeds to knock each other out. It gets down to heads up between Murphy and a really tight player (can't remember who it was). The really tight player keeps folding, fearing that Murphy will wake up at any minute and raise him all-in. Amazingly, Murphy wins! They finally are able to wake him up to tell him the good news. Oh, and afterwards, Murphy's Law is officially revoked.