Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2004, 06:01 PM

Default Comments on my ATs BB hand vs. SB

No reads, 3/6. It's folded to the sb who completes, I'm in the bb with ATc. I raise, he calls.

Flop is 963 with 2 hearts. My opponent checks, I bet, he calls. Turn is a Queen of hearts. He bets, I raise, he calls. River is a 4 of hearts, he checks, I check.

Villian has J2offsuit with 2 of hearts.

My thinking is pre-flop I'm making a value raise and taking control of the pot. On the flop it's a pretty standard bet, I probably have the best hand. On the turn I think he may be semi-bluffing, it doesn't feel right to me. I decide to raise to make him pay if he's semi-bluffing and allow me to check behind him on the river. River was an easy check.

In regards to my opponents holdings I played every street correctly. But do you guys think that turn raise is correct against an unknown hand? If not then what do you do.
Old 09-13-2004, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Comments on my ATs BB hand vs. SB

might be weak, but I think I fold the turn, since two of your outs (the A and T of hearts) are probably counterfitted. Was a Heroic stab at the pot, just fold the turn and move on.
Old 09-13-2004, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Comments on my ATs BB hand vs. SB

[ QUOTE ]
might be weak, but I think I fold the turn, since two of your outs (the A and T of hearts) are probably counterfitted. Was a Heroic stab at the pot, just fold the turn and move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking that he was probably the one drawing to outs though [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].