Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2004, 12:29 AM

Default General Micro Limit Strategy

Hi,
I haven't played any cash game in about a month, been tight on cash. Seeing as I was never able to win consistently at 1/2 and 2/4 I figure I'd give .50/1 a shot. So what I am looking for are clear differences in playing styles between the two different levels. What are some general micro limit strategies? What hands go up and down in value as the limits drop? All help is appreciated.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:52 AM

Default Re: General Micro Limit Strategy

At low limits you tend to have family pots most of the time -- in these scenarios Axs, suited connectors, and low pocket pairs can be very profitable.

Remember, though, that playing these hands introduce a lot of variance into your winrate, which means huge swings; just put money in the pot when the odds are with you and remind yourself that you won't river your flush every time (but you will river it often enough for it to be profitable in the right conditions).

Also be wary about coldcalling a raise with these hands -- you do not want to be heads-up w/ a pre-flop raiser when you're holding 22, but you do want to be in the pot if the raiser has 3 or 4 callers.