Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 05-28-2004, 12:52 PM

Default Re: ~~~~Good Luck Greg Thread~~~~

I'm thrilled that it's all coming together for you this year Greg, you've been a big help to me and countless others here. I'm pulling for you to take the big one home!!

Thanks for everything!
Old 05-28-2004, 01:03 PM

Greg,

Everyone's pulling for you, you have helped an amazing amount of people on this site, me included, and for that I thank you. Other than that go win the braclet!!!!!!! oh yeah and the 5 mil

good luck and good cards
Old 05-28-2004, 01:08 PM

what he had already done is an amazing, amazing accomplisment!!!!!!

Go Greg!!!

finish the job, as one of the "backers", no one is rooting harder for you, except maybe your wife.

cheers--J.Brown
Old 05-28-2004, 01:18 PM

Greg, you are well deserving of everything you're accomplishing. Your posts on this forum have always been dead on and your advice has proven invaluable. It's a pleasure to see evidence of what all of us have known for a long time, that you are one of the best tournament poker players in the world.
Old 05-28-2004, 01:23 PM

Good luck, Greg, and congratulations. Regardless of how the cards fall today, you've proven you're one of the best by the way you've gotten here (something we've known at 2+2 for a long time).
I remember a few years ago, when some thread came up asking how many good/great/world class players post on 2+2, and Mason (I think, maybe David) stated that you were one of the handful here that had, at least, the potential to be world class. You're proving that thread right.

as a last plea, if you happen to read this before you go on leno and letterman and kimmel and oprah and the like, please tell them this is your first major tournament. tell them you had to carry a cheat card with you for the first three days to make sure you remembered the hand rankings. tell them that any two will do. tell them you entered an online sat. as a whim and here you are. please do this for us 1.5 bb grinders who don't even hope to enter (much less money) and event like this.
Old 05-28-2004, 01:43 PM

Greg,

It's hard to explain how happy someone could be for someone they've never met. But, I'll give it a try. Three years ago Ywo Plus Two was filled with wonderful people. Helpful people who took the time to explain things in a way that novices could understand. I developed a great respect and affection for people like Jim Brier, Rick Nebiolo, Dan Hanson, skp, small caps scott and even Rounder. And of course, the Fossilman. Whatever happens today, I couldn't be happier for your success. You've worked for it and you deserve it.

I'll try to say hello in person next time in Foxwoods.

SammyB.
aka JayNT jaynt@optonline.net
Old 05-28-2004, 01:54 PM

Greg,

I'm echoing the sentiments of all the other posters. Following the blogs on pokerstars and UB and pokervoice and all the posts on here until the wee hours of the morning is the closest I ever cone to 'checking the score'.

It's been exciting watching and rooting and hoping and crossing my fingers for you man. hitting refresh has never been this exciting!

So good luck today! We've all known for a long time how great the Fossilman is. It's nice to see you getting up there and basking in some glory. You deserve every pot and every dollar you earn today. Go get 'em tiger.

and tell 'em Hellmuth sent you...
Old 05-28-2004, 02:10 PM

Quite a ride!

Good Luck and bring it home!

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2004, 02:16 PM

I've been reading your posts for a long time, and it's obvious you are a sharp guy and a tough player. I'm glad to see you doing so well especially after all the great advice and help you've given all of us.

Good Luck!!!

Fitz
Old 05-28-2004, 02:19 PM

Good luck Greg, hope to meet you at Foxwoods some day soon.