Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2005, 09:15 PM

Default Rusults and thoughts

I actually 3 bet the flop and got called by the viallian. The turn was a baby [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] he checks, I bet, he calls. The river brought in my runner runner nut flush he checks, I bet, he calls MHIG and his cards have a violent encounter with the muck.

I posted because I was thinking that it would have been better to call the flop with the intention of raising the turn or betting if checked to most of the time, but I wasn't really sure.

By raising on the turn when its not a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I have a lot more fold equidy against hand I'm behind escpecially if its a Q,K or even J to a lesser extent, and its easy to get away from my hand when its clear that its no good.

When the turn is a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I think I still usually want to raise, but it seams closer. Its unfortunate when I get three bet here as I have to call and fold the river unimproved, but if I just call I'm in the position of facing another bet on the river when I don't improve.