Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 10-27-2005, 03:06 PM

Default Re: AJo did I do real bad....

Just because it's a straight flush doesn't mean it is a strikingly remote possibility when four of the five cards needed are on the board. On that turn, there are 45 possible ways for him to have a straight flush! Now, a lot of those ways would have been folded preflop, but his play looks overwhelmingly like a flush of some sort and not a boat or quads. If you have a set or two pair or even a straight, are you honestly going to be c/ring that turn? As you played it, you could practicly fold to his river cap.

Note that I removed the possibilities of a boat and quads from the set of possible hands and emphasized the straight flush, where you did the opposite.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:27 PM

Default Re: AJo did I do real bad....

[ QUOTE ]
If you have a set or two pair or even a straight, are you honestly going to be c/ring that turn...

Note that I removed the possibilities of a boat and quads from the set of possible hands and emphasized the straight flush, where you did the opposite.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I did the opposite, and I see now that the check raise on the turn is the give away. You can practically define his hand at this point, to as you said an overplayed flush, or straight flush.

My thinking was and is flawed, in a pretty major way then. Need to get some study done on hand reading by the looks of it. Would never have thought that in the heat of the battle. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]