Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   AJo did I do real bad.... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366649)

Amerretto 10-27-2005 02:05 PM

AJo did I do real bad....

Cryptologic 1.00/2.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO checks, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4.00 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

<font color="blue">Should I have check raised here, though in early position, I still feel my initial bet was correct. </font>

Turn: (5.00 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.
<font color="blue">Where it all goes wrong, I guess I should reraise, and call if bet into</font>

River: (10.00 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="blue">Went to town, saw my nice A flush </font>

Final Pot: 18.00 BB.

<font color="blue">Did I play this really badly, my initial thoughts after reviewing the hand is that, I should have reraised the Turn, and cooled off on the River, especially when the board paired. End result I think would have been the same, though. Let me know, trying to plug the leaks.</font>

Result:
<font color="white">Villain flips the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and my session turned into an instant loss</font>

MrWookie47 10-27-2005 02:09 PM

Re: AJo did I do real bad....

MP3 c/r'd the turn on a 4flush board. You have the 3rd nuts. No way in hell am I 3betting that river.

Edit: 3rd nuts because I'm not even talking about the boat/quads possibilities. I don't think MP's play makes sense for either.

Rev. Good Will 10-27-2005 02:09 PM

probably would raise PF

3-bet flop

bet out turn, only reason to check here would be to go for a C/R and knock out MP3, which we don't want to do with the 2nd nuts.

SoftcoreRevolt 10-27-2005 02:27 PM

Second nuts on the turn, two people can't have the 9 of hearts.

MrWookie47 10-27-2005 02:34 PM

K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is the nuts, given that we have the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]X is the second nuts. A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]X is the third.

Aaron W. 10-27-2005 02:35 PM

I would have raised preflop. The limpers are probably pretty weak since the first open-limped and the second over-limped.

The flop bet is good. You hope to take it down right away, but you're not in trouble if you get raised.

On the turn, I think you've got to lead. There's no reason to think that villain is going to want to bet into a 4-straight-flush board. As you played it, 3-bet it.

On the river, I'm not 3-betting. Not only is the board paired, but he's still pushing his hand. He might be overplaying K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], but that's unlikely (it's even more unlikely that he's overplaying another heart). So he either has the straight flush or a boat (or is stupid).

Aaron W. 10-27-2005 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3-bet flop

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like this. The chances of Hero having the best hand are in doubt. He has a good draw, but it's just a draw and there are only two villains in the pot.

Amerretto 10-27-2005 02:58 PM

Villain, had VIP of &gt;30%, so I guessed he might have overplayed K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] but to be brutally honest, it was me that overplayed it. He played a few hands previously pretty loosely, in this case he had 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Miracle 8 sunk me.

I took the conscious decision not to give him credit for the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Losing to the straight flush is poker, but what I am more annoyed about, is how I played the river considering the boat was out there and quads. I think at this point I should have given him some credit and not three bet.

At the end of the day I'm still down the same amount, from the flop, 6 BB, but I am miffed the way I played the river.

numeri 10-27-2005 03:02 PM

Preflop should be a raise unless you have a super-tight read on MP3 or CO. You have the best hand a significant amount of time here.

Flop looks good, though a 3-bet wouldn't be bad. We have 2pr+set outs and the obvious flush outs. The 2pr outs are tainted, since any K has a straight, so I don't mind calling and letting MP3 stay in.

Bet the turn. You have the best hand like 99% of the time here.

River bet is fine, but the 3-bet is probably excessive. Next time river the K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

EDIT: River. I no think goot.

Amerretto 10-27-2005 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3-bet flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Thinking about this, I have only middle pair, is this not a WA/WB situation, ie I've got to hit my draw, and if I hit my draw, then I should be charging players on the expensive streets.

Though I guess with my flush draw, and pair, I could probably bet for value, if I reckon all players will call.