Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 04-28-2005, 12:59 AM

Default Re: Could David Blaine Take Over the World?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If David Blaine was cool because he bangs hot chicks then Scott Baio would be cool too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pamela Andersen, Nicolette Sheridan, Brooke Shields, Erika Eleniak, Denise Richards, Nicole Eggert, Heather Locklear, and countless Playboy Playmates. Yeah, Chachi is pretty f'in cool in my book.

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to school with some of his family. Apparently when he got cool and started bangin' Playmates he ditched his family and won't talk to ANY (mother, father, etc.) of them. The Baio I knew was a good guy. So was his sister. F'in over your family because you're famous=not cool.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i feel the need to burst a few people's bubbles here

david blaine uses tv editing and even some special effects for some of his tricks he show's on tv (levitating, cab driving by with name on it etc)

the people's reactions are real, but you don't see what the people saw

[/ QUOTE ]

The cab driving one he talks about in his book. he says it was completely a coincidence that the name was written on a cab that drove by, and he just went with it. Its like anything else, do hundreds of tricks and something like that is bound to happen. He also talks about "reading peoples minds", like when he guesses what card you are thinking about. He says most people guess some cards more than others, he simply trys to deduce whats has the best chance of "hitting" and picks that. Obviously he is going to get a certain percentage of them right, and those are the ones we see. Its the same kind of principle as cold reading that all those hack psychics use.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If David Blaine was cool because he bangs hot chicks then Scott Baio would be cool too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pamela Andersen, Nicolette Sheridan, Brooke Shields, Erika Eleniak, Denise Richards, Nicole Eggert, Heather Locklear, and countless Playboy Playmates. Yeah, Chachi is pretty f'in cool in my book.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize who he's banged. That's why I said, [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] but thanks for the list anyways.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize who he's banged. That's why I said, [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] but thanks for the list anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, then, it's weird that you knew who he banged yet didn't think he was cool.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i feel the need to burst a few people's bubbles here

david blaine uses tv editing and even some special effects for some of his tricks he show's on tv (levitating, cab driving by with name on it etc)

the people's reactions are real, but you don't see what the people saw

[/ QUOTE ]

The cab driving one he talks about in his book. he says it was completely a coincidence that the name was written on a cab that drove by, and he just went with it. Its like anything else, do hundreds of tricks and something like that is bound to happen. He also talks about "reading peoples minds", like when he guesses what card you are thinking about. He says most people guess some cards more than others, he simply trys to deduce whats has the best chance of "hitting" and picks that. Obviously he is going to get a certain percentage of them right, and those are the ones we see. Its the same kind of principle as cold reading that all those hack psychics use.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, i count what you said as editing
Old 04-28-2005, 04:25 AM

Default M a g i c

Instead of taking the internet-usual attitude and dismiss the Magic with a wave of my hand (along with posting a couple of links "explaining" it all away), I will, instead, bow humbly and bow deeply and welcome and accept the power of Magic and agree to be mesmerised!

So... I salute the magician, the card sharp, the shark, the ventiloquist, the illusionist, the carneyman, the hustler, the film director --- we are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:16 AM

i watched it last night. easily the most impressive person on the planet. i am positive that if he chose to, he could do any job on the planet (that includes major politican, pro athlete, any thing else you might throw at him)
Old 06-07-2005, 02:29 PM

What the HELL? HOW?!

Oh, never mind. Buster just asked that. Where is SameThreadBumper when we need him? First the taser issue, then David Blaine... similar threads are popping up everywhere and the Moderators are helpless to stop them! I ran out of superhero comic cliches, but come on SameThreadBumper! Help save us from redundancy!
Old 06-07-2005, 02:31 PM

I really hope you are joking.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:33 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />
I really hope you are joking.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I am deadly serious. So serious that my life depends on it. I will not sleep another wink until this is solved. This is more important than AIDS and world hunger. SameThreadBumper is no joking matter... no joke AT ALL.

[/sarcasm]