Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2004, 01:48 PM

Default Understanding this hand will make us all better.

This is an interesting hand. And I think it's important. It's important because I know 4 proven winning players who would have played it differently.

I know how Avarice, J.A. Sucker, myself, and haakee would have played it. We all play it differently, and we all win different amounts at poker (I come in last, by the way, at $4.83 an hour :-( .)

One of the four played the hand, I will not say who for now, because I want honest answers to this post.

THE HAND IN QUESTION (and don't turn this into a damn preflop debate, ok?):

two very weak terrible players limp, and a bad, slightly over-aggressive-but-sane young asian lady dealer limps. Hero limps on button with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], making a remark about how loose it is.

Flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

check, check, check, asian lady bets, .... OK. Here's your assignment.

A. Write a gameplan for the hand from this point forward and explain the reasons for your actions. Ignore the obvious preflop debate. You played the hand, we're worried about postflop play, cause that's where the money is here.

B. Let's assume you raised the flop and it's folded to lady who hesitantly three-bets. Now revise your gameplan for the rest of the hand. Call? Cap and check turn? Cap and bet turn? Be thourough.

C. You decided to cap the flop. Turn brings a total brick. revise your gameplan again. check or bet?

This hand is important because it focuses on different post-flop play (and by different, I mean these four players play this hand differently, some VERY differently, and yet all win, but different amounts)

If you are Avarice, Haakee, Sucker, or myself, do not respond with thoughts or results until we have a few answers.