Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Re: extracting value from strong draws

[ QUOTE ]
I think the definition of a draw is you don't have a hand, but you hope to get one. Your draw may be strong or weak depending on the number of outs.

In the example you give I see a made str8 on the flop with a flush draw. So you want to draw to the second nut str8?

[/ QUOTE ]
How often am I up against specifically T9 here?

[ QUOTE ]
You're also on a second nut flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

How often am I up against A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]x [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] as against some other flush draw?

[ QUOTE ]
What else? Oh yes, you're facing a pot-sized bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but won't I be ahead of most hands that make a pot-sized bet if I hit? Are you suggesting I fold?

[ QUOTE ]
What else? Oh yes, two players left to act behind you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough...

[ QUOTE ]

What else? Oh yes, you think if you make an OOP raise in the BB that when you check the turn everyone behind you will check because your powerful flop raise scared them into giving you a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I think I will fold out pf limpers and buy the button. And yes, I think the SB may well check the turn.

[ QUOTE ]
What else? Oh yes, should you just call and "try to milk it"? That's a new thought. IF you hit anything your second nut hand will be milking something?

Jeeeezzzz!

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't expressed very well. What I meant was to allow more callers into the pot with say middle or bottom pair or overcards (hopefully not J9) who may call down if I hit my straight or flush by the river, which I'm a favourite to do.