Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2005, 06:49 PM

Default Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Wasn't really sure where to post this, I guess here works. Anyway, I think I've developed CTS in my right hand. Basically I have this weird sharp pain starting at my elbow and going down my arm all the way to the tip of my pinky while I type/mouse. After being on the comptuer for hours, afterwards my hand is numb here and there sometimes, tingly some of the other time, and generally just throbs here and there. The pain just stays in my elbow aftewards, last night it was especially bad after being on the comp for 4 hours that I almost couldn't sleep. Is this CTS or something else?

I lived on the computer this summer for 10+ hours a day and didn't have a single problem. Two weeks ago I bought a new laptop and I just got the new logictech MX1000 mouse. I think the cramped keyboard laptop/touchpad started the condition and now the logitech mouse (the logitech mouse is a tilted mouse rather than just flat like normal mice) is just making it worse, before I just had a regular microsoft mouse and it was never an issue. Thoughts? Anyone experience anything like this? WTF do you do? I use the laptop for school, but otherwise I'm almost always on a desktop. Taking time away from the computer is not an option due to obvious reasons. Do you just deal with it? Get a brace? I switched mice to see if it chills out but as for the laptop I don't know what to do, it is essential for the program I am in. Any thoughts/advice would be much appreciated. Thanks OOT.