Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2005, 07:58 AM

Default Was this unethnical?

Last night, I was in a 9 man no-limit tourny at some guy's house. (Never been there before)

It gets down to the final 3. I am 2nd in chips and the leader has about a 2-1 chip advantage over me. At this point of the game, the blinds are $1,500-$3,000. I look down to see Ace-Queen suited so I raise to $6,000. The chip leader calls so it's heads up between the 2 of us. The flop comes Queen, 9, and 2. I bet $5,000 and the other guy said "How much do you have left, I will put you all in." I count my chips and say "I have $5,300 left." He counts the money out and pushes the chips in and turns his cards over.
I had never called, and I saw he had me beat (he had 9-2) so I mucked my cards. He's looking at me waiting for me to push my chips to him. When I don't do it, he's like "Those are my chips." I told him I never called him putting me all in and he gets all pissed. He ended up winning the tourny anyway (I came in 2nd), but I don't think they will be inviting me again. I don't think I was wrong. Was I?