Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Was this unethnical? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=323884)

Matt Williams 08-27-2005 07:58 AM

Was this unethnical?

Last night, I was in a 9 man no-limit tourny at some guy's house. (Never been there before)

It gets down to the final 3. I am 2nd in chips and the leader has about a 2-1 chip advantage over me. At this point of the game, the blinds are $1,500-$3,000. I look down to see Ace-Queen suited so I raise to $6,000. The chip leader calls so it's heads up between the 2 of us. The flop comes Queen, 9, and 2. I bet $5,000 and the other guy said "How much do you have left, I will put you all in." I count my chips and say "I have $5,300 left." He counts the money out and pushes the chips in and turns his cards over.
I had never called, and I saw he had me beat (he had 9-2) so I mucked my cards. He's looking at me waiting for me to push my chips to him. When I don't do it, he's like "Those are my chips." I told him I never called him putting me all in and he gets all pissed. He ended up winning the tourny anyway (I came in 2nd), but I don't think they will be inviting me again. I don't think I was wrong. Was I?

Biggenx 08-27-2005 08:13 AM

Re: Was this unethnical?

he decided to show you his cards and get pissed when you don't call? What's there to discuss? How dumb the guy is?

Kevroc 08-27-2005 09:09 AM

unethnical? lol, does that mean acting very white?

ctv1116 08-27-2005 10:34 AM

Isn't his hand dead if he shows his hand before all betting is complete?

utmt40 08-27-2005 10:38 AM

No you weren't wrong in any way.

stigmata 08-27-2005 11:32 AM

How did you do anything wrong?

He just expected you to call his all-in bet -- you were given no oppurtunity to fold, which you may have done even if he hadn't shown his cards. He was really, really stupid.

Greg J 08-27-2005 11:43 AM

Yeah the rest of the posters are right -- the way you have told this story you did nothing unethical. If he, or anyone else at the tourney say you did, they are dumb.

Matt Williams 08-27-2005 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah the rest of the posters are right -- the way you have told this story you did nothing unethical. If he, or anyone else at the tourney say you did, they are dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I thought so. Some of the guys last night were saying that if I had been ahead, I would have called his bet. I think it was sour grapes on most of their parts because it was the first time I played with them and I ended up in second. Needless to say, if I am invited again-I'm there! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

EStreet20 08-27-2005 12:46 PM

How the hell did this guy become the chip leader if he called a raise with 9/2? Looks like this game could be very profitable for you. Christ I thought my friends sucked at poker.

Good luck,
Matt

EStreet20 08-27-2005 12:47 PM

BTW, you were right, nothing unethical here.