Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Re: QT...what a biotch

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm...let's see...fold pre-flop. Raise the flop, your hand is not strong enough to wait for the turn and you might get a free card if the turn is bad (say, like a K for example.) Turn raise is horrible, as you fold out the only hands you're ahead of (JJ, TT), while losing extra to K's or better Q's (without an exceptional read I don't expect anybody to fold.) Betting the river would be horrible.

FOLD PREFLOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i raise the flop i am going to get 3 bet a lot of the time by a lot of hands IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're so worried about the strength of your hand when you have top pair on the flop, what could possibly inspire you to raise the turn?? The only hands you fold out are 99-JJ no club (2 outs), and possibly AQs. Everything else he can have beats you, and none of these hands fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I'm saying is if he has just overcards he's more likely to fold the turn to a raise than the flop (was hoping it wasn't going to be an overcard). Since it was, and he bet the flop, I figured my line of calling the flop and raising the turn would indicate the K or the flush. This guy folds a lot post flop, i mentioned that in my original post, and I'm a fairly straight forward player at 3/6 since im new to it so he should perceive my raise as a K or flush- and he's capable of laying down a Q on this board. I can't fold (or can i?) so i'd have to call the river anyway, most likely, and i have him as TAGish (also mentioned above) so I'm expecting a river bet. I can fold to a turn 3bet easily.